Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#15793 by StevenJohn
Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:35 am
scottlindner wrote:I do like the math. but based on what you're saving you could buy a new Ooma hardware four times a year and still do better! That is ridiculous that AT&T was charging you so much.

AT&T did not charge me that amount, because I did not have all those services from them. But if I had, they would have gladly took my money. I based this on two lines (I have Premier) with unlimited long distance and all the features that closely match Ooma. Then I doubled it for giggles.

sj
#15943 by tobey717
Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:21 am
76.00 a month I'm saving with Ooma! I have not purchased Premier because my trial expired before I set up scout so I'm just not sure about it yet.

Still love the savings if only Ooma came out with tv service I'd be thrilled ;)
#15989 by Quicksprj
Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:49 pm
I am saving $37 a month plus I get 2 lines, plus all those great ooma features plus long distance. I was paying about $42 a month for caller ID call waiting, and anonymous call block. Qwest was giving me a $5 bundle discout on dsl but now it goes up to $35 but still saving $37 so it will only take about 9 months to break even. I'm loving ooma! Multiring and emailed VM is super convenient.
#16021 by mrjagster
Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:06 am
My AT&T bill averaged $160 a month. I had signed up for a special 2 line deal for $99 a month. After six months numerous phone calls and letters I was still paying $160/month. Needless to say when I heard about ooma I couldn't resist and was an early adopter. I am very happy I made the switch and I tell everyone I know to go ooma!
#16031 by MikeekiM
Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:39 am
My phone bill for two lines is about $83 (not including DSL charges).
- $40 for primary line with unlimited long distance and all the features, including the telco provided voice mail.
- $31 for secondary line with the same.
- $12 in surcharges
- Total $83.00

I have cancelled my second line altogether, and have reduced my primary line down to a basic measured local calling with no features.
- $7.25 for primary line
- $0 for secondary line
- Approximately $7.75 in surcharges (per a friend of mine)
- Total $15.00

Monthly Savings - $83.00 minus $15.00 = $68.00/mo

Annual Savings - $68.00 x 12 = $816.00