Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#751 by Securix
Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:01 am
Hi all,

I got my ooma last week and have nothing but praise for it. It works great via my Cablevision IO service and so far it's been working well.

The reason I got ooma was because my parents often call Italy, but at the same time, they (as well as I) do quite a bit of toll calling within the US.

So although Vonage's basic $24.99 service now includes free calling to Italy and a few other countries, I decided to go with ooma instead because of the lower $249 cost of the ooma unit which is basically 10 months of Vonage service, and ooma still allows me to call anywhere in the US for free forever.

However, with ooma, calls overseas are still billable even though they are only a few pennies a minute.

So basically I'd like to see the ooma Premiere package include free international calling as well, or at least being able to select one or two countries of your choice. I think the ooma Premiere package is worth it as is, but you'd probably get a lot more people to sign up if you threw in international calling options as well.

Regards,
Anthony
#1089 by mrbear
Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:25 pm
Yeah i would totally agree!
Like i wouldn't want to join the premier since i don't really have any reason to BUT if a calling country of choice was free unlimited calls, that would push me to get premier on a yearly basis.
But i kinda do understand why Ooma can't do that, cuz it would cost them a ton of money to do that.
You win some, you lose some.
#1090 by skellener
Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:01 am
I thought that you could call your friend or family in another country for free if they had an Ooma hooked up?
http://www.ooma.com/learn/ooma_internationalcalls.php
Does your old college roommate live in England? Does your evil twin live in Romania? Just buy an ooma system and send it to your friends and family anywhere in the world and have them activate it with a US phone number. This turns expensive international calls into free local US calls.*

Maybe just get them their own Ooma and talk to them anytime for as long as you want.
#1092 by Securix
Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:58 am
skellener wrote:I thought that you could call your friend or family in another country for free if they had an Ooma hooked up?

I have lots and lots of family scattered all over Italy. That would be a lot of ooma's to buy for them!
#1095 by atici
Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:10 pm
I think you can consider buying another ooma for the people you speak to in the other country. Then all your calls will be free.

ooma has to make money somehow, if they don't we will all be left with 0 features.