Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#13791 by hwoods1
Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:57 am
I just hooked up my Ooma yesterday and I like it. However, I have a few things to work out. One being the ability to call from my hub to my scout. I have configured my Hub and scout with separate phone numbers. The hub is my number and the scout is my wife's number. This way we can implement the features of our choosing. I use multi ring and my wife does not. She now has her own separate Ooma lounge sign in account. The only problem is that when she tries to call me using my Ooma number which I have configured to multi ring with my cell phone it goes straight into voice mail. I called support yesterday and they said there is a work around for this in the forum. I have searched for a work around, but have not found anything in the forum. Searching in the forum provided very confusing results. Does the search work? I cannot seem to obtain relevant results to my search queries. Is it just me or am I doing something wrong?
#13796 by hwoods1
Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:29 am
Thanks GroundHound
I also found a link searching the word "workaround" in the forums which answered my question to some degree. However, your link provides better details. I presently have two numbers with the same area code and I just tested it out and it works (I dialed the 7 digit number without the area code followed by the # sign). I wonder if it will work after I port my phone number, since the area codes will no longer be the same. After my number is ported I will post the result here.

Thanks again......:-)
#13797 by WayneDsr
Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:33 am
The ability to call your scout phone is really a "glitch" that works for some and not others. You are one of the lucky ones. Hopefully your ported number will also work, but it's all in the luck of the draw.

Wayne