Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#13281 by scottlindner
Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:15 am
There is a good possibility that might work if the OP leaves a computer on with the softphone always running. Depending on how the softphone is implemented, you may need to use a tool like Girder to answer the softphone when the BT headset button is pressed.

Good suggestion to bridge the need. I like the OP's suggestion as well. It mimics a common request for DECT 6.0 phones I have seen as well. The handsets all come with ports for wired headsets. I have seen many requests for BT support in DECT 6.0 handsets but to date no one has built it.

EDIT: When the SDK comes out an inspired Ooma patron might implement a nice little app to do exactly what the OP is looking for.

Scott
#13308 by mmcbride
Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:09 am
Great idea. A softphone is fine, but doesn't fulfill the role needed for those who don't keep a PC running all the time. I have a Plantronics setup for business work, but it isn't ideal for all (and it costs more than a simple(r) solution).
#67479 by gjwhitehorn
Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:05 am
If/when they release a softphone, they should also allow any bluetooth USB adapter to work in the Telo, since with a softphone I would naturally be able to get around the requirement to use the official Ooma bluetooth adapter and use my awesome $2 mini-plug to take calls. I tried plugging it into my Telo last night, and I was able to add my headset to its device list, but it wouldn't connect (I'm assuming because the Telo recognized it wasn't the official Ooma bluetooth adapter). $30 for the official one is a rip-off, as is the requirement to have Ooma Premier just to use what I've already bought (the Telo, with its USB port, and my own bluetooth adapter) -- although I suppose they do have to recoup their costs somehow, and that's one way to do it.