Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#13363 by scoutconnor
Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:49 pm
Magus wrote:Bobby,

Congratulations to you and all at Ooma for getting the Telo out on schedule. I for one, and evidently many others on this forum, are collectively looking forward to being part of the beta program. Although I only have two Scouts, I use my current Ooma in 5 rooms using a wireless DECT 6, which connects to only one line in some rooms. It would be so cool to integrate all of this. I am also wondering if Ooma Telo might later have an add on box that you can take with you anywhere, or else, a way to connect your PC while on business, using your own number. Call it a "slingbox" for Ooma!

All the best,

Magus

an Ooma softphone has been discussed before ( calls from PC ) and ooma said that one is in the works but there is no ETA as to it's release date. But I agree, a call from PC feature while away on business is a great idea and with ooma actually listening t it's users, it will become a reality ( if you ever wanted something from Vonage, they did not care and wanted to get you off the line ). The is not the case with ooma!
#13375 by StevenJohn
Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:26 pm
The more I look at the Telo, the more I like it. Does anyone know if you are talking on one handset and get another call, does the other handset ring and can someone else answer it? In other words can you have two separate calls at once on two handsets? Or, will all the handsets just act as extensions of the current call and the instant second line only available on the base phone jack? I have so many questions.

sj
#13383 by WayneDsr
Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:36 am
Telo works like the ooma hub. The telo phone is actually the "scout". You have to connect your own phone to the Telo "hub". If you are on a call with your phone on the Telo "hub" and a call comes in the Telo phone "scout" will ring, providing you have a Premier account.

Wayne
#13535 by StevenJohn
Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:01 am
WayneDsr wrote:Telo works like the ooma hub. The telo phone is actually the "scout". You have to connect your own phone to the Telo "hub". If you are on a call with your phone on the Telo "hub" and a call comes in the Telo phone "scout" will ring, providing you have a Premier account.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne.
This is what I was hoping for.

sj
#13588 by Boondocs
Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:11 pm
Really looking forward to the new Telo. Very excited!
#13628 by grathke
Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:38 am
I have a question which you've probably answered but still is not clear to me. I don't want to have two 'separate phone systems' I want one phone system that will ring regardless if it is line 1 or line 2.

Right now, if I have a 2 line DECT 6.0 system I can connect the phone jack of the hub to Line 1 of the dect base unit. I can connect the wall jack on the hub to the wall jack of the scout. I can then connect the phone jack of the scout to Line 2 of the dect 6.0 base.

Can I get the same functionality from Telo only using the Telo handsets?

Thanks
Glenn

WayneDsr wrote:Telo works like the ooma hub. The telo phone is actually the "scout". You have to connect your own phone to the Telo "hub". If you are on a call with your phone on the Telo "hub" and a call comes in the Telo phone "scout" will ring, providing you have a Premier account.

Wayne
#13635 by Aveamantium
Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:16 am
My guess would be no you won't be able to use a two line system, unless they decide to wire both lines into the "Phone" port on the Telo (such that you can have two simultaneous conversations using the same port). From what it sounds like (again speculating here) the "phone" port on the Telo will give you one line (which you can connect your phones to) and the only way to have a second simultaneous conversation would be to have the second conversation on the ooma wireless phone.

Now if they do wire both lines into the "phone" port you could do exactly what you're saying. Or if they were to continue (sounds like they are not) to let the old scouts still connect through the "wall" port you could set it up as you describe.