Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#12828 by maplewood
Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:30 pm
Google Voice has a nice feature that transcribes the incoming voice mail and includes that in the notification e-mail.

Would be nice to have that with the Ooma notifications.
#16932 by dblenman
Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:37 pm
Vonage also allows you to transcribe the msg with the text going into the body of the E-mail. They charge .25/message and I regretably elect to pay it because I will reluctantly say that I do find it well worth it. I think is almost a must have feature with Google Voice now doing it too. There are also other VM service providers that do it as well. I think Vonage even actually uses someone else's transcription engine to do it (http://www.phonetag.com/) if I'm not mistaken.
#16950 by southsound
Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:01 am
I am a great fan of Google Voice and some of their slick features. And I love the quality of my ooma calls that I get for free. Right now I use GV as a front end for my ooma and give out the GV number as my only number. I think we will see a wonderful melding of the best of both when ooma releases the Premier Extensions for Google Voice. According to most speculation, they should be out later this fall. You can read about them by searching the blog (navigation below) for Google Voice.