Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#12815 by Aveamantium
Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:35 am
When I signed up with ooma I went ahead and got an ooma number (not a temporary number). Shortly after I decided to port my number over. Now I have my ported number as my primary account number but the ooma number is there as well. Just wondering if the ooma number will go away? I'll probably never use the ooma number as it has the same area code as my ported number. If I wanted a second number I'd probably pick one in another area code so family could call me for free (which I'm already doing through Google Voice).

Also I noticed that the ported number doesn't have any Caller ID info tied to it yet (it did before the port), so is this something that I have to call support about?
#12817 by Bobby B
Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:46 am
Just wondering if the ooma number will go away?

If you have a Premier subscription, the number won't go away. You can remove your second number by calling ooma support.

Also I noticed that the ported number doesn't have any Caller ID info tied to it yet (it did before the port), so is this something that I have to call support about?

It can take up to a couple weeks before the Caller-ID gets set and is propagated to various carrier databases. If you still don't see your Caller-ID info being sent, then I'd give a call to Support.