Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#11893 by zumanov
Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:06 pm
Overall I have been very happy with my ooma system. It is a very good value.

Multi-ring was one of the primary reasons I decided to make the purchase.

I'm frequently away from my desk (and out of cordless phone range) and have set up my system to ring my cell phone when a call to my ooma # comes in.

I'm a little disappointed in the implementation, for two reasons:
1) I am prompted to press "1" to accept the call. This is annoying for a few reasons, but the main reason is that I use a bluetooth headset, and can't easily press "1".
2) There should be a configurable # of rings delay before ringing the alternate phone number.

#1 is the big issue. It would be nice to hear if there are plans to eliminate the "dial 1 to accept" prompt. It seems like a hack.

-Zak
#11899 by WayneDsr
Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:11 pm
There are quite a few discussions concerning this issue in this forum.
I agree that bluetooth and "press 1" doesn't work. I'd like this to be an option as well.

Wayne
#11900 by StevenJohn
Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:22 pm
This may have been mentioned before since this subject comes up frequently. I don't like the "press one" either and I wish we could turn it off. It would be perfectly alright with me if they played the ooma tones so I'd know it was coming from ooma. No "press one", just play ooma tones.
sj
#12304 by jimnjean
Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:57 am
Just thought I'd toss in another vote to disable the "press 1" "feature" with multi-ring. It serves no customer need, and is a severe annoyance for anyone using a hands-free set-up. For example, my cell phone operates through my car system, and there's no easy (or legal) way to press 1 to answer the call.
#12306 by bw1
Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:02 am
Actually there is a customer need if the customer wants ooma voicemail to pick up when there is no answer instead of their cell phone voicemail.

At least if it does prevent that. I don't know since there is no way to disable it.

There may be other reasons why it's setup that way that we're not privy to.
#12307 by zumanov
Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:05 am
If you want ooma voicemail to pick up first, then you configure the # of rings to some value less than whatever your cell phone is configured to.
#12309 by scottlindner
Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:25 am
Couldn't everyone train their voices to make the dual tone sound of a '1' being pressed? :)

Scott
#12310 by southsound
Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:33 am
scottlindner wrote:Couldn't everyone train their voices to make the dual tone sound of a '1' being pressed? :)
Scott

Since you would have to make both tones at the same time, I think it is something best done by politicians, attorneys, and financial advisors. You know, those who are able to talk out of both sides of their mouths. ;)

(I know that some will be offended by my generalization, but come on, it was a joke - I think.)
#12328 by ghcoleman
Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:34 pm
Maybe we can get some priotity on this if enough of us make a post about "pressing 1" being a problem. Actually I can see some benefit in having this option but it needs to be an option. I have two situations where "pressing 1" presents a problem. (1) I have an iPhone and the number pad is rarely active when I receive a call. I must make several selections to get to the number pad and very often I miss the call; (2) I use one of my numbers for a fax and when I am away I would like to forward that number to another fax machine - unfortunately the other fax machine can't "press 1" in order to take the call. (Yes in bound faxes work on my ooma scout!).
#12329 by zumanov
Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:37 pm
Any ooma moderators out there who might know 1) if this will be addressed and 2) if so, when?

I recently signed up for Google Voice. I don't have an account yet, but I'm hoping their multi-ring functionality doesn't have this issue. If it doesn't, I will use that number as my primary number, and use it only for the multi-ring functionality.