Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#11549 by southsound
Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:10 pm
Let me see...
1. WayneDSR
2. murphy
3. jmassimilla
4. Pandora
5. Scottlinder
6. bw1
7. just4fn
8. buzzman
9. niknak
10. lohertz
11. StevenJohn
12. AppleTree
13. ggilman
14. BryanS
15. Lowhertz
16. zappullae
17. southsound

Maybe others can add to the list so we have an accurate count. :)

(forgive the levity if offensive, I'm just having a fun day! YMMV)
#11553 by scottlindner
Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:02 pm
WayneDsr wrote:Funny! :-)
Glad you had a great day!
Those on this list are the only ones that count!

Wayne

What about Bobby B and Dennis P?

Do you think Ooma employees use Vonage and that's why they aren't on the list? :P

Scott
#11556 by bw1
Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:12 pm
scottlindner wrote:I read an article that claims 20 million, but that seems a bit steep for how few people are familiar with it.

http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1193

I've seen 20 million in a couple of articles too. One article referred to 20 million dollars gross revenue.

Here is an article that mentions 20 million units:
http://blogs.computerworld.com/living_with_ooma_a_report_card
I'm sure that was a mistake and meant 20 million dollars.

Supposedly, right before the big April outage, ooma celebrated its 20,000 customer:
http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1223&p=6394&hilit=20%2C000th#p6394
#11565 by southsound
Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:23 pm
scottlindner wrote:What about Bobby B and Dennis P?

Do you think Ooma employees use Vonage and that's why they aren't on the list? :P

Scott

Duh! I knew I was forgetting some people. I'll bet that Eric Stang, Rich Buchanan, and the rest of the Executive Management team use ooma too! (Let's count them twice because I bet they have them at home AND at the office.)

And I wonder if the Dennis P who always is so helpful on the forum is none other than Dennis Peng - the vice president of product management, technical advisory board member of ooma, and "responsible for creating an intuitive, compelling user experience". How many corporate executives do you think take the time to interface with users like us on a forum? And without Bobby B many of us would never have realized the wonderful experience ooma is giving us. Good Job ooma!
#11584 by donwob
Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:21 am
I too think the $20,000,000 is revenue rather than units. So how does Ooma get to that level of revenue and what have they told us.

We know the retail price is $249 so they sell it through distribution for $149.

We know that 20% (1 in 5) of users opt for the $100 (or $20 per unit sold) premium subscription.

So for each unit sold, Ooma generates $169.00

$20 mill rev
$169 unit cost
110,000 to 130,000 units out there.

But where else does Ooma make money from and how much. There have been some topics about cal termination revenue, which I have no idea of the overall impact.

That is my guess. Ooma would you like to confirm?

Don