Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#11065 by Mosaicquilt
Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:19 am
Please add normal call forwarding....like all other phone companies....please!!!
This is a basic function that I depend on and I am shocked that it is not abailable as a basic feature. Multi-Ring is great but does not replace REGULAR CALL FORWARDING....without the need to press #1 to get the call.

Please, Please, Please add this function to the regular basic account features.
#11084 by bw1
Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:56 pm
I have read that they are working on it along with a number of other features.

I doubt it will be a part of the basic (core) features. Call forwarding is not a part of most telco's basic features. For example, it's an extra $6 a month from AT&T.
#11085 by niknak
Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:59 pm
Call fowarding costs the phone company money. If you have it with a telco's "core features" the cost is built in to your monthly rate.

The only way ooma would offer this is through Premier service, not basic free service
#11090 by lohertz
Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:29 pm
Mosaicquilt wrote:Please add normal call forwarding....like all other phone companies....please!!!
This is a basic function that I depend on and I am shocked that it is not abailable as a basic feature. Multi-Ring is great but does not replace REGULAR CALL FORWARDING....without the need to press #1 to get the call.

Please, Please, Please add this function to the regular basic account features.

Do you have Premier...if not when this feature is added, you surely will need to get it.
#11096 by bw1
Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:38 pm
I don't know, but you could do a search for "Bobby B" or "Dennis P" and read the various posts for "official" info on features being worked on and when they're coming.
#11140 by Bobby B
Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:37 am
Call forwarding is available right now - just uncheck the ring my home phones option in the Multi-Ring options. You'll need Premier service to configure the feature.

We also should have call forward on internet outage available this week if everything goes to plan (otherwise it'll be available next week).
#11141 by WayneDsr
Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:40 am
Bobby-B:
I believe the call forwarding issue has to do with dialing a "1" to recieve the call. Will you still have to dial a "1" to receive the call on the new M-R call?

Wayne
#11143 by scottlindner
Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:42 am
WayneDsr wrote:Bobby-B:
I believe the call forwarding issue has to do with dialing a "1" to recieve the call. Will you still have to dial a "1" to receive the call on the new M-R call?

Wayne

I don't really care about that. I'd prefer Ooma focus on other things first to keep the service free. :P

Cheers,
Scott

PS - This is an inside joke.