Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#10973 by but2002
Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:04 pm
I also noticed that the tab is a button, any specific purpose for this?

Also, what's the deal with the USB port in the back?
#10975 by murphy
Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:08 am
but2002 wrote:I also noticed that the tab is a button, any specific purpose for this?

The blue tab is used in the factory reset procedure.

No purpose has been identified for the USB port so far.
#10987 by scottlindner
Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:35 am
murphy wrote:
but2002 wrote:I also noticed that the tab is a button, any specific purpose for this?

The blue tab is used in the factory reset procedure.

No purpose has been identified for the USB port so far.

Wasn't the idea for putting the USB port there so you could connect it to modems that do not have an Ethernet port?

I think it would be cool to connect a printer/scanner to it so you can use Ooma as a fax machine. :)

Scott
#10989 by southsound
Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:53 am
According to those technical folks in the know at ooma, the USB port has and will have no function in the hub. I noticed that it is also present in pictures I have seen of the Telo, but don't know if it will have a purpose there or not. My thought was that it would be neat to be able to connect a USB flash drive for recording calls, etc., but was told not in this version.
#10992 by scottlindner
Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:18 am
southsound wrote:not in this version.

I like the sound of that! It means they are thinking about it, but not yet.

Ooma is Linux based. We should be able to hack it to install some USB drivers to use the USB port for something. Of course, if you have problems all bets are off. I'm not gonna do it.

I suspect it's for things like we're talking about, but it isn't their priority at the moment.

Scott