Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#10964 by WayneDsr
Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:53 pm
You are a brave man. Testing ooma with your wife AND your mother in law at the same time! That situation could have gone quite bad.

Glad it didn't and all worked out well! :-)

Wayne
#10965 by scottlindner
Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:59 pm
WayneDsr wrote:You are a brave man. Testing ooma with your wife AND your mother in law at the same time! That situation could have gone quite bad.

Glad it didn't and all worked out well! :-)

Wayne

I didn't know the "test" had begun. I told her I made some changes and to pay attention to quality. It didn't occur to me she had hopped on the phone as soon as I got Tomato configured.

She did say there was one little hiccup in the middle of the call. Without hearing it myself I can't say if it was related or not. It was a very long call, and it didn't even happen when I was doing stress tests. Who knows. We'll just have to keep an eye on it.

Scott
#10979 by scottlindner
Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:34 am
One thing to note. Tomato doesn't support many routers. I suspect it will support a lot more than are documented, but that would be at your own risk (it already is, so I don't see a difference).

Scott
#11937 by Aveamantium
Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:52 am
Been using Tomato on my WRT54GL since version 0.03... Been great since day one! Has always played well with my previous provider and my Linksys PAP2T and now the ooma. Jon has done a wonderful job with this firmware.
#11948 by StevenJohn
Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:23 am
Me too!

I did have to remove the bulk traffic line so the ooma ports would work at highest QoS.

Tomato works great on Linksys WRT54G V3.

sj
#11949 by Aveamantium
Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:26 am
StevenJohn wrote:Me too!

I did have to remove the bulk traffic line so the ooma ports would work at highest QoS.

Tomato works great on Linksys WRT54G V3.

sj

Don't know if you saw my post in the other thread, but try moving the ooma rules to the top in the Classifications as Tomato processes rules from top to bottom. The first rule that is satisfied is how it is classified...