Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#51677 by coldsteel
Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:44 pm
This is somewhat related to the zero and blank caller id. I want to block calls that are showing up with a text phone number. The text says mod_sofia when I googled that it looks like someone using a unix box as a voip system with open-source FREESWITCH software is behind the calls. The mod_sofia callerid appears to be a bug in the FREESWITCH software component with that name that generates that callerid. So - I'm annoyed that the person making these calls is possibly intentionally spoofing callerid in this way and that its also not possible to block it with OOMA so add me to the list of folks that want more control over number blocking. Thanks - and call blocking is one of the major incentives that induced me to sign up for OOMA.
#51801 by coldsteel
Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:41 am
I noticed a post by user davesworld (I think) that mentioned that Telo uses the FREESWITCH software which I didn't know before. I don't have a Telo (see my sig) and was not calling myself:-) But that does raise an interesting point now is it possible that a Telo user may be calling me and can OOMA block these mod_sofia calls regardless of their origination point?
#113102 by Nat Ray
Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:43 pm
One of the feature sets of PhoneTray Pro is blocking calls with empty caller's number :cool: