Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#10168 by DickRhoads
Sat May 23, 2009 3:17 am
danvm wrote:Is there a number that can be called to remotely access my voicemail without having to wait until my I hear my outgoing message? It is annoying to try to retrieve my voicemail only to have someone at home pick up the phone.

With other voicemail systems, I've used the separate VM access number to:
-- check messages without disturbing anyone at home
-- check messages when I'm in a different timezone and it's too late to ring the home phone
-- LEAVE a VM message without ringing the home phone (usually, again, when I'm in a different timezone and don't want to wake my wife up, just want to leave a message for the morning)

I'd really like to have this functionality on ooma.
#10195 by bw1
Sat May 23, 2009 4:04 pm
DickRhoads wrote:
danvm wrote:Is there a number that can be called to remotely access my voicemail without having to wait until my I hear my outgoing message? It is annoying to try to retrieve my voicemail only to have someone at home pick up the phone.

-- check messages when I'm in a different timezone and it's too late to ring the home phone
-- LEAVE a VM message without ringing the home phone (usually, again, when I'm in a different timezone and don't want to wake my wife up, just want to leave a message for the morning)

It may be considered a kludge by some, but everyone with an ooma has that functionality now. Just setup anonymous call block to go to voicemail and then dial *67 then your ooma phone number and you'll go right to voicemail.

Anonymous call block is a core function.
#10211 by DickRhoads
Sun May 24, 2009 4:55 am
bw1 wrote:It may be considered a kludge by some, but everyone with an ooma has that functionality now. Just setup anonymous call block to go to voicemail and then dial *67 then your ooma phone number and you'll go right to voicemail.

Thanks for the suggestion!
This works great, and gives me just the functionality I wanted.
#13766 by danvm
Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:35 pm
Thanks for the "workaround" but Ooma really does need to add this "feature". It's just common sense!
#13821 by Bobby B
Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:11 am
That's pretty clever!

bw1 wrote:It may be considered a kludge by some, but everyone with an ooma has that functionality now. Just setup anonymous call block to go to voicemail and then dial *67 then your ooma phone number and you'll go right to voicemail.

#13822 by bw1
Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:28 am
Bobby B wrote:That's pretty clever!

Thanks!
#112891 by DickRhoads
Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:29 pm
bw1 wrote:
DickRhoads wrote:

It may be considered a kludge by some, but everyone with an ooma has that functionality now. Just setup anonymous call block to go to voicemail and then dial *67 then your ooma phone number and you'll go right to voicemail.

I've used the anonymous call block "workaround" described above for access to my Ooma VM for years now. But the last couple of weeks some idiot has started making dozens of anonymous calls to my number, which generate "empty" voicemails. So now I have to change the call block option to the call blocked message, and I can no longer use this path to access VM. Is there any other path to get to my VM without without having to wait for my home phone to ring and finally forward to VM? Any possibility that Ooma will be adding a VM access number (as described above) in the future? Thanks.
#114819 by tobewan
Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:05 am
Alas, Anonymous call blocking is only available to Premier (and early "Core") members. You can't do this with Basic service.
So, would still like to see OOMA provide a dedicated voice mail access number.
Thanks.
Toby
From the Anon call block FAQ - "Is anonymous call blocking available to all customers?
No. Anonymous call blocking is only available to Ooma Premier customers. Early Ooma customers who have the "Core" service tier also have access to the feature."
#114853 by DickRhoads
Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:23 am
There are now a couple of Android apps:
"Ooma Voicemail Checker" and "My Ooma"
that will let you check for and play new Ooma voicemails.

For me, this is a better solution when I'm away from home.