Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#10111 by oomg
Thu May 21, 2009 10:28 pm
greg0410 wrote:I would like to see a scout type of device that would allow me to rehang my kitchen phone on the wall.

Or you can attach a cordless unit base station to the Hub or any Scout. Then use the matching satelile for the wall station.

Chek out these units: http://www.home-electronics.net/ge/pc/s ... submit.y=7

Easy Wall Mount Capability —Enables installation flexibility. Phone can sit on aflat surface or be hung on a wall. Does Not Work Independently! Must be used with 27909 Series.
#10158 by greg0410
Fri May 22, 2009 3:11 pm
I already saw those devices. I just want to hang my normal everyday kitchen phone on the wall mount like it has always been and still have it connected to a scout. Maybe one day. All Ooma would have to do is make a wall mount that has a input plug on the side so that I could plug the scout in there and then I could mount the scout on the wall next to the phone. Just a suggestion. I am sure that I am not the only one that has Ooma that does not need a phone that can make my toast and coffee for me in the morning.. ;)
#10160 by WayneDsr
Fri May 22, 2009 5:44 pm
If you put a splitter on the hub's PHONE port and plug your phone into one side of the splitter and run the other side of the splitter to your wall jack, that would put ooma on all wall jacks in your house, including the one on the wall.

Wayne
#10170 by oomg
Sat May 23, 2009 5:14 am
Yea for Wayne (again).... I didn't know it would work that way, but then again, why not (so long as there is nothing else on those wires, it's just like a long line to the phone unit). So, as I understand, I can put a land line (or a secondary cordless system) on any wall jack? As it sits, my secondary cordless system is connected through a Scout which I will be keeping to make message retrieval more convenient in that portion of the home.
#13454 by dtyler99
Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:39 pm
WayneDsr wrote:If you put a splitter on the hub's PHONE port and plug your phone into one side of the splitter and run the other side of the splitter to your wall jack, that would put ooma on all wall jacks in your house, including the one on the wall.

Wayne

I have a 60's/70's AT&T original wall-mounted corded kitchen phone that plugs directly into the wall jack on the metal plate that the phone hangs on. Any ideas other than hard-wiring the Scout into the wall plate?

Don
#13477 by southsound
Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:55 pm
dtyler99 wrote: I have a 60's/70's AT&T original wall-mounted corded kitchen phone that plugs directly into the wall jack on the metal plate that the phone hangs on. Any ideas other than hard-wiring the Scout into the wall plate?

There is a LOT of room inside those older phones. I would suggest getting a small RJ11 jack that had wire leads on it and connecting those wires to the red and green wires inside the phone. Then, just before you close up the phone, plugging in a short cord with just enough hanging out to plug into the scout. I am assuming the wall phone is touchtone since I don't think ooma will work with pulse dialing. Let us know what method you decide on.
#13492 by bw1
Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:38 am
I think the best idea is to do what Wayne suggested and run the phone port of the ooma hub to a wall jack in your house. You should also disconnect the line coming into the house at the demarc box. See here: http://mi-telecom.org/distribute.html

This assumes that you don't have a landline to integrate or DSL, in which case you'd have to put the ooma dialtone on a second line using a splitter or other wiring changes. But it is possible.

If you're looking for scout functionality for the wall mounted phone, you can check out these ideas:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=963&hilit=wall+mount

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=985&hilit=+wall+mount