Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#9771 by krbrian
Sat May 16, 2009 12:20 pm
My previous telephone company would allow its customers to edit the information that was shown on the caller ID display. It would be nice to be able to do this from the Ooma Lounge.
#9778 by bw1
Sat May 16, 2009 4:58 pm
Are you referring to incoming caller id or outgoing caller id?

If you're referring to outgoing, you need to call CS and there is a charge of $11.99.

If incoming, there is an update coming that will use your address book and will display the name in your address book for the number incoming and display that name and number on your caller id.
#9782 by dmlanger
Sat May 16, 2009 8:08 pm
yea i was referring to incoming. i was unaware that they charged you; i haven't had a chance to actually get through to customer support on the phone and it didn't say that in the other post where i heard about it first

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=739
#9792 by bw1
Sun May 17, 2009 4:02 am
Ok, if you're referring to incoming (or inbound) caller id, there is no charge and you can't change what is displayed currently. Whatever name that is associated with the number when someone calls you is displayed on your phone or caller id device.

The address book update I referred to, I assume will be a premier subscription service.

What I'm referring for the $11.99 charge is if you wanted to change outgoing (or outbound) caller id, what is displayed to someone else when you call them.

See here:
http://www.ooma.com/learn/ooma_faq.php?section=features#q3

3. Does ooma provide caller-ID service?

ooma provides inbound caller-ID at no extra charge for all calls that come in on a number you've selected from ooma or a number you've ported to ooma. If you're using the ooma system with a landline back-up, however, you'll need to get inbound caller-ID from your landline phone company.

ooma also provides outgoing caller-ID at no extra charge. By default, during activation, your caller-ID will be set to use your last and first names. If you wish to change or personalize an existing outgoing caller-ID name at a later time, you can choose to do so for a one-time charge of $11.99. Acceptable caller-ID names contain some combination of your first name, last name and/or your home business name. New requests and changes for outgoing caller-ID name are processed within 5 business days.