Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#110951 by joshuawhite929
Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:20 am
Hello,

I am new to Ooma (still currently have Comcast Digital Voice), and was surprised to find out that there was not a way to access call history/voicemail through a native app or get "push" notifications of voice mails. Even worse, the iPhone app I did find appeared to be horrible (very negative user feedback).

Is anyone aware of any plans to add this functionality to either the existing or new native mobile app? is the strategy to use a mobile web app only?

-Joshua
#111266 by ybell
Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:09 am
Thank you, but what I would really like is an app on my iPhone that shows when I have an unread/listened to voicemail message. It sounds like the new app will do this, and I was wondering if I would have to pay for that functionality when it comes out.
#111650 by oomg
Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:01 am
If you would like to access your VM on your iPhone, you can do the following: Open Settings, then click on "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" where you can add one or more email accounts to you iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. (if you prefer, you can create an entirely new email account.) Then go to "My Ooma" and within the "Preferences" section, click on "Voicemail Preferences" (although you may automatically be directed there). Under "Forwarding and Notifications" add you email account and select "audio file" as the format of the message to be forwarded to that email account. By doing this all of your incoming voicemail will be forwarded to your smartphone where you can listen to each message as it is received.

If you use an existing email account, all other emails on that account can be viewed as well. If security is a concern, you can establish an email account that is dedicated to receive voicemail. By using a dedicated email account for voicemail, you can also have an archive of all messages you have received. Don't worry about inadvertently deleting a voicemail on your iPhone since it will still be retained on your Ooma system.

I have multiple Ooma accounts and have used this procedure to receive forwarded voicemail messages from each account for more than two years.