Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#110197 by roadshow
Thu May 23, 2013 12:51 am
I would like to suggest that in the next re-design of OOMA, giving the Linx a button to listen to voicemail. This would be great for customers who don't like using the handset to listen to messages, and don't have their Telo in a convenient location.

I would also like to see Lifetime Premier offered again. I think many customers will never buy Premier because they hate monthly fees. These customers may be willing to cough up a couple hundred bucks to get Lifetime Premier and not have another monthly bill. I am one of those people.
#110198 by MapleOne
Thu May 23, 2013 4:52 am
Be careful what you ask for

Lifetime does not always mean lifetime, it's just a matter of phrasing. I cannot tell you how many times I have had lifetime memberships only to see them evaporate.

Just as an example...

If you have lifetime premier the service might change and be renamed to Premier Plus and your subscription will end.

If you don't believe me google around a bit and see how many times things like this have happened. Even Ooma cannot give something away for a true lifetime, eventually it will end as the services change.

My advise is to calculate the amount you are spending on lifetime and cost average it over 5-6 years. That is basically how long most so called lifetime memberships last. If that puts you in a winning situation then sign up. If you get a few more years then it is a sweet bonus.
#110202 by lbmofo
Thu May 23, 2013 5:51 am
Lifetime Premier: lifetime of device.
#110213 by Tuan
Thu May 23, 2013 10:26 am
I do like your suggestion of having the Telo voicemail buttons on the linx. I also mentioned in the Ooma Office forum to include buttons on the Office base as well. It would make it even more convenient with the Office, since the Office is capable of having multiple VM boxes.

Regarding lifetime membership, I think it's a sales tactic to increase revenue. Not assuming anything with Ooma, but I've seen a company go bankrupt a few years of offering the lifetime and was eventually sold to another company. As much as I like the lifetime membership, I'd prefer a monthly fee or perhaps a discount with annual fee.