Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#108348 by mwachief
Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:18 am
I would like to use the OOMA Android mobile APP but the reviews of the APP show that it is not ready for primetime. As it is the norm the IOS APPS always seem to get top billing and Android gets second billing even though there are now more Android devices out there than IOS devices. Please write an Android mobile/Tablet APP worth its weight so us OOMA users can take advantage of what OOMA has to offer. ;)
#108481 by macmedia
Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:55 am
The reason why iOS gets apps quicker and more often is that developers make more money on the iOS platform. Sure there are more actual Android phones out there but not only are they used less on the whole but the average users spend much less on apps. There are multiple studies on this very issue. There's much more pirating on the Android side too. (not saying that you are pirating or spending less!!)

That being said - whatever reviews that you have read about the android ooma, well on the iOS platform it's just as bad. Read the reviews on this forum as well on iTunes and you'll see that not only are people having serious issues (me included) but the app hasn't been updated in a year. With a 1 1/2 star rating it's obviously a dud with no support at all. Too bad I wasted $10 on this. I used to hold my breath to wait for an updated app but it surely is not happening.
#108493 by mike_b
Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:43 pm
The home phone service receives excellent reviews, but the Android app has such poor reviews that it is embarrassing. The app should be removed from Google Play.
#121317 by oomadave
Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:06 pm
Could we please get something that works soon? It would be really nice to be able to check my messages from the app which I gotta believe would be included. If I could make calls through the app, that'd be cool but not essential. As well as Ooma home works and as slick as a lot of the apps are on my android, here's another chance for Ooma to shine.