Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#107497 by billinin
Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:33 am
Often times when I return home I don't think to check Telo for the new message indicator. It would be nice if a beep or other audible notification came from the Telo box when a new message is left.
#107829 by smp99
Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:48 pm
Or - to expand on this - use the voicemail notification that many regular phones currently use, eg a blinking LED, or a pulsing dial-tone when you pick up the receiver.
#107847 by MLXXXp
Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:26 am
smp99,
The Ooma Telo phone port already supports the visual message waiting indicator. With my Panasonic cordless phone system, it causes an LED to blink on the handsets when new voicemail messages are available.
#107856 by Telo_BK
Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:34 am
No! I don't want my Telo beeping when someone calls and I am home and I already heard them leave their message. I can't always pick up the phone when I am in the middle of something, and can't get to the Telo right away. I don't want another device nagging me for my convenience.
#107857 by lbmofo
Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:57 am
If this can be implemented, perhaps user configurable on/off on my ooma would be best.
#107926 by oomg
Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:22 am
There may already be an easy fix. If you have a cell phone with text message service, you can send a Mobile/SMS message to the cell phone, alerting you to the new incoming message. If you have a smartphone, you can also forward your incoming voice mail messages to an email account on the cell phone. I have done both on my iPhone. The iPhone will sound a chime to alert me to the new voice mail message. And if I want to hear the message without going to the base unit, I can play it on the iPhone. It will still show as an new message on the base unit until played or deleted.