Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#106734 by Bill D
Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:05 pm
My daughter, also an Ooma customer, is currently on vacation in Costa Rica. I suggested the Ooma Mobile app to stay in touch, but she suggested the free Voxer app. It's a push-to-talk Walkie Talkie with queuing. The recipient hears you instantly if you both are connected to WiFi networks. If either is not on WiFi, the voice message will be sent when connected. That way it works on slow intermittent WiFi.

We've been using it for several days and it's AWESOME. It's actually much better than a phone call because of the lack of chit-chat overhead. Text and photos can be added. You can look, listen and organize your thoughts for a brief reply. As a result, you use it more than you would use a phone. The Ooma Mobile think-tank folks should look carefully at Voxer for new ideas.
#106751 by Bill D
Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:47 pm
Thanks. Those apps look interesting.

The push-to-talk short message with a photo over spotty WiFi is what's so slick about using Voxer. It's working like a charm for our current application (her vacation). Perhaps those others would work well also - I'll give them a try. I've not explored many of these types of apps before. Only Ooma Mobile and Skype