Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#105380 by cliffie4
Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:29 am
Had OOMA hooked up for 2 years, for months, get slow internet, checking status on computer shows lost internet connection yet OOMA online and working. All computers on router, hard wired and wireless, same thing..lost internet. I'd reset router, modem and ooma and seem to work fine then, then later same thing.

OOma hooked up between wireless router and DSL modem, been working that way for long time. Talked to OOMA support, at&t support, no good.

Disconnect OOMA all together and internet works fine.

Decided to attach OOMA with just one cable from internet port on OOMA to router port...working fine now.

Having it attached with two ethernet cables, between router and dsl modem won't work anymore. OOMA shows all blue and its working fine, just lost internet access to PC's.
#105382 by thunderbird
Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:38 am
cliffie4 wrote:Had OOMA hooked up for 2 years, for months, get slow internet, checking status on computer shows lost internet connection yet OOMA online and working. All computers on router, hard wired and wireless, same thing..lost internet. I'd reset router, modem and ooma and seem to work fine then, then later same thing.

OOma hooked up between wireless router and DSL modem, been working that way for long time. Talked to OOMA support, at&t support, no good.

Disconnect OOMA all together and internet works fine.

Decided to attach OOMA with just one cable from internet port on OOMA to router port...working fine now.

Having it attached with two ethernet cables, between router and dsl modem won't work anymore. OOMA shows all blue and its working fine, just lost internet access to PC's.

I have used the Ooma Telo connected to the Router Modem-Router-Ooma Connection for years and it works fine. When using the Modem-Router-Ooma connection, the Ooma Setup Quality of Service Upstream and downstream settings are both set to Zero. Nothing is connected to the Ooma Telo Home port, except temporarily a computer to access Ooma Setup if Ooma Setup changes are required.