Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#100796 by hanna
Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:58 pm
The Ooma preferences is limited and cumbersome. So many simple features missing that are available and included free in other services. I thought Ooma was going to be great but after porting my number last year, I'm wondering why.
1. Why would I want to use the Ooma app for phone calls when literally all mobile carriers offer free unlimited calling today?
2. Why do I have to use the internet to manage my voice mail? Why is there an app for that?
3. Why isn't merge contacts in the drop down window? Copy, paste, delete... really? It's such a simple thing to add.
4. Why can't an entire group be added to the personal blacklist?
5. Why do we have to use Google Voice to get more choices than block and receive? Send to voicemail should be a choice.
6. Why does Ooma cost more than Magic Jack and (free) Google Voice and have less features?
#100802 by lbmofo
Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:58 pm
Selectively answering with my personal opinion.

hanna wrote:1. Why would I want to use the Ooma app for phone calls when literally all mobile carriers offer free unlimited calling today?

App is probably not for folks with buckets of cell minutes. In my mind, being able to use Ooma's international plan minutes or Ooma prepaid $ for international calls anywhere there is wifi or 3G/4G makes good sense.

hanna wrote:Why does Ooma cost more than Magic Jack and (free) Google Voice and have less features?

Google has lots of $ and doesn't care if they have to dump boat loads of money into Google Voice month after month.
Magic Jack maybe cheaper but their service is crappy and cheezy; definitely not in the same league as Ooma.