Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#100561 by wikiriki
Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:20 am
My Ooma Telo often malfunctions by not ringing incoming calls but immediately sends the calls to voice mail instead. I only know this when I am trying to call home and I know someone is there but no one picks up. Rebooting my Telo almost always solves the problem. As it stands now, I have to call Ooma Tech Suport and ask for my issue to be elevated. The tech then reboots my Telo and the issue is resolved. Why can't I reboot my Telo from within the My Ooma web interface and save all that time and hassle?
#100571 by lbmofo
Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:46 am
Perhaps something else is going on with your network. The feature you are requesting is a good idea. However, rebooting shouldn't be needed with Ooma if properly setup unless something else is going on.

For example, for whatever reason, I have a particular router ethernet port that has issues with maintaining VPN connection for my Ooma. I have 2 Ooma units and whatever is plugged into that particular ethernet port, would lose VPN after a couple of weeks or so. When this happens, I have to reboot the router to correct the situation. Still don't know why this is. I've updated router firmware, reset to router factory settings to start over but so far no resolution.

Other than your modem and router, to make sure your setup is optimal, check these posts out:

If after Router - viewtopic.php?t=12403

If before Router - viewtopic.php?t=9536#p66155
#134605 by redz
Fri May 27, 2016 7:24 am
Came across this thread because I was looking at remotely rebooting my moms telo via my ooma.

Surprised this feature does not exist in their portal.
#134968 by RonC
Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:56 am
I too am surprised this isn't available.
My Ooma operates wireless and sits in the basement so it can connect into the wired phone system.
I have a combination of the usual wireless handsets and a couple of plug it into the wall individual phones.

For whatever reason, the Ooma box will start flashing red, and any phone calls in go to VM while if you happen to be home and happen to pick up the phone, you get a continuous beeping/busy signal.

If you can check the Status of the box using the my.ooma.com web page, why can't there be something to reboot the Ooma box if the status shows it offline?