Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#8631 by Bobby B
Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:34 am

Just in time for Mother's Day, ooma is excited to announce a special, limited time only, refer-a-friend promotion.

It's easy! Know someone looking to fire their phone company? Know someone who doesn’t want to pay a monthly phone bill? Simply refer your friends to purchase ooma at Best Buy© and we will give you a $20 Best Buy Gift Card.

How do you get your $20 Best Buy gift card?

1. Refer your friends to BestBuy.com or any Best Buy store to purchase an ooma system on sale for $229.99 (reg. $249.99) between Tuesday, April 28th - Saturday, May 9th, 2009.
  2. Your friend must activate their system by Saturday, May 16th and remain an active customer for at least 30 days.
  3. We will then process your referral and send you a $20 Best Buy Gift Card as a way of saying thank you.

There is no limit as to how many friends you may refer.

For more details or to submit your referral, please go to www.ooma.com/referafriend.
#8660 by oomg
Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:31 am
Bobby:

I don't want you to think that I don't appreciate the effort to come up with a referral program, but generally, while I have no qualms about referring a friend to the product, I am reluctant to steer them to a particular vendor although I might offer my opinion as to who among the list of vendors might be the better option for the particular individual. In other words, it is up to the individual to decide with whom he wants to deal.

So that I might be able to provide relevant information, I have looked at a number of vendors; some within my home area, and some outside the state. In looking at Costco, I notice that they are offering a "bonus 6 months" of Permier Service. See:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.as ... opnav=&s=1

My question: Since ooma comes with a two month free trial of Premier Service, does the Costco deal extend that free trial by six months so that the free trial period is a total of eight months?
#8671 by Bobby B
Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:56 am
Right now, this limited-time referral program only applies for purchases made at Best Buy locations (or Best Buy.com).

If you purchase through Costco.com right now, you'll get a 6 month trial of ooma Premier (not 8 months).

oomg wrote:My question: Since ooma comes with a two month free trial of Premier Service, does the Costco deal extend that free trial by six months so that the free trial period is a total of eight months?