Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#97142 by bmansfie
Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:48 am
I am in the process of switching over from Vonage to Ooma for my home phone. I also make a large number of calls to my family back in Poland via my mobile phone in the car. Up until this past week I'd been using Mobivox for that, at prices slightly more expensive than Ooma Mobile. I've tried using Ooma Mobile this week, and none of my calls have lasted more than ten seconds before they are dropped. I never had a problem with Mobivox.... and yes, I am using the same phone, same 3G internet connection, driving the same route at the same time of day (4am). I called customer support and they promised a call back. We'll see. This is all in addition to dealing with a "rejected" number porting of my old number (yes, it was the correct number that Ooma a was trying to port) that I had to spend an hour on the phone with Vonage dealing with, after paying $40 for someone else to deal with this? So far I'm out $250 and disappointed with my experience thus far. I feel like I've made a mistake. Thoughts?
#97144 by lbmofo
Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:48 am
No mistake. I think you'll enjoy Ooma and savings over Vonage. Lots of folks on here came from Vonage and never looked back.

The porting issue maybe Vonage being difficult...not sure but once you clear it up, porting should proceed. Just keep monitoring your email to see if Ooma porting department faces more issues from Vonage. Check porting status here too: https://my.ooma.com/porting_status

As for Ooma app, not sure what mobile device you are using but before that gets cleared up, you can still use your current app right? If using cell minutes is not an issue, you can even use Google Voice before your Ooma app issue is resolved. viewtopic.php?t=13383#p93077

Welcome to Ooma.
#97149 by dsinternet
Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:41 pm
I came from Vonage...and love it at Ooma.
1) Make sure you don't cancel your Vonage service until you get your old number ported. I don't think you can port a number if you already canceled your service.
2) I am also having problems with the moble app. Once things get fixed with the Ooma moble app you will love the free minutes that comes with Ooma Premier.
Good luck and welcome to Ooma.