Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#96673 by lstoll
Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:08 am
It would be nice if the Ooma Telo could be configured to hand out specific DHCP addresses to certain MAC addresses when it's configured as modem->telo->home network. Putting devices in the DMZ or configuring port forwards can break if the address of the inside devices change.

Being able to lock IP addresses to MAC addresses would keep the internal network stable without having to set up internal computers with static IPs.

Lyle
#96680 by lbmofo
Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:21 am
Lyle, not sure what you are wanting to do but the Home Network port for Ooma is meant to be used by a router if you have multiple devices connected within your network. One example of making things work with Modem-Ooma-Router configuration is to assign a fixed IP to the router by specifying Ooma's DHCP range to just 1 address: viewtopic.php?t=9965#p80428
#96683 by lstoll
Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:33 am
Ah, thanks. I hadn't thought of that. I use a PC as a firewall and I'm still one the fence on setting things up modem->ooma->firewall or modem->firewall->ooma and having to reconfigure the firewall between static (behind ooma) and dhcp (before ooma) is a little annoying when I'm trying to change topologies quickly. The single DHCP address should do the trick.

Lyle