Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#109737 by Telo_BK
Fri May 10, 2013 1:03 pm
ntoy wrote: However, we are working on a feature to blacklist by name.
That was July, 2010. It seemed reasonable to bring it up again, nearly three years later. Modern computers (and the engineers who design and program them) operate much faster than that.

Yes, apparently they could use an embedded systems designer to help prevent design fails like mounting the USB connector upside down and designing peripherals to plug in that way, then suggesting people use a hub for certain purposes. But that would only hep Ooma if they'd listen and not make excuses, rationalize or justify or otherwise minimize their shortcomings.

As for what idea I was asking you about "seeing the light of day", please re-read my post.

It was good of you to take the time to look at all the posts I've made in my short time as an Ooma customer. Ooma offers a wonderful service, but not without problems and need for improvements (some quite significant). I am a fan of Ooma and want them to do better, especially in their hardware. You know from reading my posts that two of the three peripherals I purchased had to be replaced before they worked properly. This required hours of my time troubleshooting, then on the phone or chatting with Ooma on the web. Swapping the defective hardware for good, I immediately got the results I wanted when I purchased, without any further effort.

I see the wisdom of deferring to me about the technical info you quoted.
Last edited by Telo_BK on Fri May 10, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#109744 by lbmofo
Fri May 10, 2013 3:46 pm
Telo_BK wrote:As for what idea I was asking you about "seeing the light of day", please re-read my post my lord. Hint: It's not blacklisting by name.

Telo_BK wrote:
It is rare but once in a while, I do run into people who seemingly got it all figured out.

Me too, I wonder whether Ooma might hire one or two to start working on some bugs and feature implementations... I haven't been an Ooma customer for nearly as long as you. So I beg your advice, kind sir- do you think that idea will ever see the light of day?

Oh....got it. My answer would still be "too taxing."

Telo_BK wrote:I see the wisdom of deferring to me about the technical info you quoted. If you're jealous- why not just admit it and seek help? Don't let it destroy you! This is a personal thing with you, isn't it? As is customary in these forums, you shall have the last word .

Sure. ;)
#110184 by JL-ATL
Wed May 22, 2013 1:50 pm
I have seen requests for the ability to block on a partial caller ID. That would be HUGE. I get so many calls from different numbers where the caller ID starts with "800" or "TOLL FREE" or "V06". Would make things much simpler.

Also, it would be a big help to know what calls were blocked. Not only a big help to us to know which numbers are still active but a great selling point.

Please, can someone from Ooma answer these requests to let us know if you are working on this? I hate to post and feel like it is a black hole
#110185 by lbmofo
Wed May 22, 2013 2:21 pm
JL-ATL, I am guessing you are asking for Blacklisting by Name with wildcard and Blacklist Stats/hit counter?

4/1/13, Ooma implemented wildcard blacklisting (incoming callerid number). You can now block all toll free numbers via the following entries:
800*
855*
866*
877*
888*

Here, I talk about what I did with my blacklist entries: /viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14774&start=30

Here is the collection of Blacklist Related Requests: /viewtopic.php?t=15556

JL-ATL wrote:Please, can someone from Ooma answer these requests to let us know if you are working on this? I hate to post and feel like it is a black hole

This would be good. Although from time to time, board mods do reply.
#110188 by JL-ATL
Wed May 22, 2013 3:18 pm
ibmoto,

Thanks for the reply. Blacklist by partial phone number is good, but I was looking for blacklisting by caller ID (partial caller ID with wildcard would be even better). Does Ooma support that yet?

Although something interesting here. Got a spam call today, then another one 30 min later. Different caller ID's but supposedly coming from the same number.

I am also surprised that they do not provide the ability to show what calls were blocked. It would seem that would be great PR for this service and they would like to show it.
#110189 by holmes4
Wed May 22, 2013 3:51 pm
I got two more robocallers today from spoofed numbers that had valid area codes but a 000 exchange, which is invalid. With Ooma's current system, I can't block all invalid exchanges (I'd be happy with being able to block 0xx and 1xx exchanges.) I have previously suggested a bit more flexibility in wildcarding and an ability to automatically blacklist numbers that are invalid in the NANP. I don't see either of these in your rollup list.
#110191 by JL-ATL
Wed May 22, 2013 4:09 pm
I must say that the Blacklist is the biggest single reason I switched from my previous provider to Ooma. I suspect I am not alone in this.

It would be nice to see Ooma respond to these requests and perhaps even implement some of them.
#119714 by 6785417539
Fri May 02, 2014 8:02 am
I bragged about OOMA blacklist capability until the scam caller universe maxed it out (which took about one year). Now it is a pain to delete a few, to add a few more numbers to the blacklist. Please, please, please...
1. increase the maximum numbers allowed in the blacklist or remove the upper limit,
2. be more aggressive in adding numbers to the community blacklist, especially when there are more than 2 or 3 pages of complaints extending back a couple of years or more at 800notes.com and other internet complaint sites, and/or
3. add a sorting capability and date column in the view all mode, so that common calls can be wild-carded to make deleting calls from the blacklist less inefficient. Thanks.
#120051 by Tucson Jim
Wed May 14, 2014 2:22 pm
1. When listening to a message I want to be able to add it to my black list with "one-click". If I'm using the web to listen to messages, let me click an icon to add it automatically. If I'm listening on my phone, let me hit some dial pad number sequence "*666" to send it to my black list.

2. Enable a Whitelist.
#122092 by davidchilders
Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:14 pm
[quote="6785417539"]I bragged about OOMA blacklist capability until the scam caller universe maxed it out (which took about one year). Now it is a pain to delete a few, to add a few more numbers to the blacklist.

Ditto on the call for enhancements. The techs are no help. They say it's impossible to increase the 256 limit. It's impossible to sort or manage blacklists other than one at a time. It's impossible to Export to Exel, with date stamp, cull the old ones, wildcard similar ones, and import the reduced list. What is possible is that you will

I have found a few Ooma compatible inline blacklist devices that block up to 1500 numbers. Most were between $50-$100. When I finally find the best one, I will no longer need to spend $120 for premium service.