Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#94065 by horizonhb
Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:30 pm
For years we've had blacklist as a basic feature, and now you're hitting us with $60 a year or $120 a year depending on how you signed up, bad form! Your program is looking less and less attractive. I also have viatalk, magicjack, (dumped Vonage). Viatalk gives you two separate lines and more features than your premium program, smart phone program combined for $11 a month if you talk less than 33 hours a month or unlimited for $20 a month. Like Netflix found out, both your competition and user base will cheerfully help you unwind your base when you start charging for what services you have been giving for years. additionally you don't have to spend $100-$300 to buy a box or $70 to move a phone number from the aforementioned services. As far as quality goes and less dropped phone calls, the little Cisco box (comes with most VOIP providers) is a much better performer! As I learned from many successful businesses, "pigs get fed and hogs get slaughtered". :?
#94095 by horizonhb
Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:50 am
Yes I am sure " Personal and Community Blacklists stop annoying telemarketers and other unwanted callers in their tracks" Was recently moved from basic to premium. You used to be able to be able to send to voicemail, give message, disconnected.... now only block. I don't think Ooma's move to , "less is more" or I will force you to opt-in to a premium program is my incentive to trust this company.
#107764 by cpeterson
Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:20 am
I'm new to Ooma just yesterday. i had bought it off ebay for $120. The previous owner did not remove service from the device. Instead of having free activation, I had to pay out an additional $80 to have them reactivate the device. I had found this to be very much irritating in having to do this.

Why should I have had to pay an additonal amount to have a reactivation fee for something that wasn't in my name? Once it was paid, I had spent more time in having to call back and getting a lady that was telling me that I can activate my device on line.

I'm really not happy with the customer service I had recieved and the extra money I had to fork out to have it activated.

As of now, customer service was poor. I wasn't happy in hearing alot of noise in the background along with yelling. I started to think in the back of my mind what professional company is this?
#107768 by murphy
Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:26 am
Your eBay seller should have informed you that an activation fee would be required.
First level support is handled by a contract company in the Phillipines I think.
#107860 by Telo_BK
Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:29 pm
Viatalk?- here's what PC Magazine said: " the company needs to do something about its woeful service and support." That was written in September, 2007. There's one customer review on that website, which was written 4 months ago. It says, in part: "VERY BAD tech support - if you can even call it so. response time - a few days.
one day - my phone works; suddenly next day - without any changes on my side - phone is dead
With "support" response lag a few days - it leaves you with non-working phone for days"

Sounds pretty different from my (presently very limited) experience with Ooma.
Last edited by Telo_BK on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
#107875 by horizonhb
Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:26 am
Viatalk? A review in 2007 in VOIP world is like saying 8 track is a poor version of the Ipod today. Viatalk started in 2005 and like most VOIP venders had less then great beginnings. My personal experience leads me to the internet provider causing the lion share of VOIP troubles. In the last 2 years I have had 4 support phone calls to Viatalk, 2 were my cause, 1 internet provider and 1 Viakalk updated my VOIP interface and redirected me to a new server closer by. If you call support from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm EST 866-626-7150 you will find front line support fast (under 2 min) and knowledgeable (not like Vonage or Ooma). Online chat responded with my answer in 65 seconds today. I am not pushing Viatalk, I just don't think an old and out of date review is very representative. Let's talk about today ooma is still randomly droping long calls and their new softphone works just great right (yes I know I can goto Google (google voice) to pretend ooma has a softphone (NOT)? If MagicJack ever allows 3rd party webinar calls I would drop all the rest. More of what is going on today, I am in the final testing of a few Android apps and service provider combinations that will give unlimited talk, text, internet at 40Mb/sec (good cable rate!) all for $32/month including taxes and fees (with softphone support)! You all know real 4G LTE doesn't exist in the US at this time (excluding Vegas CES show (it crashed)), right?..... soon. Ooms days are numbered by choosing a business model that will fall under its own weight and using proprietary and over burdened SIP protocols create an unsustainable future. Of course ooma could pull an Apple move and tell all of the customers what they own is not incomparable ---- time to buy all new! Is the customers love strong enough......? :cry:
#107876 by lbmofo
Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:48 am
horizonhb wrote:I am not pushing Viatalk

Not sure what you are pushing here because you are all over the place but you sound so anti Ooma; I wonder how it was even possible for you to become an Ooma customer buying the not so cheap "proprietary" Ooma hardware.