Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#92263 by Frankjake
Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:33 pm
Is there any support on weekends for Ooma? I just found out that anyone trying to call my home number which was ported to Ooma 2 months ago and has been working okay, now gets a message saying "your call can not be completed as dialed, please check the number and dial again". So now it looks as if I won't have any phone service the entire weekend. This is NOT ACCEPTABLE!

I have tried calling my home number from my cell and I get this recording. If I call my "Ooma 2nd line" the call will go through and I can make outgoing calls. I could deal with this if I could call forward my home number to my 2nd line number. Now anyone trying to call me over the weekend will not be able to get hold of me. This is not good customer service!

Is there any way to contact Ooma support on the weekend or after 5pm? If not, I will be cancelling Ooma first thing Monday morning and going with a more reliable company. This issue and the fact that faxing is horrible makes me wish I would have never bought this product. I had Vonage for several years and never had these types of problems.
#92264 by lbmofo
Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:44 am
Customer support is open on weekends.

As you would find on this page:

https://www.ooma.com/company/contact

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Since you ported your number from Qwest, if Qwest customers (or CenturyLink now) are the only ones that can't reach you then, it is a problem with Qwest (this is usually the case where the company that lost a number to number porting neglects to update their internal routing database). But then, you said your cell phone gets the same message? That's strange.

When you look up your number here: http://tnid.us do you see the original company being Qwest and the new company being one of Ooma's carriers? viewtopic.php?t=9954
#92269 by Frankjake
Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:58 am
Well that is a working number but even after escalating to level 2 support, my phone still isn't working. Sorry people, I just don't have faith or anything good to say about Ooma. Both people kept having me unplug the ooma box, over and over again. I assume they made some adjustment.

I even asked if it could be a porting issue with my previous carrier. I was told it definetly could NOT be that. So now I'm stuck without home phone service for 48 hours. I assume ther is no one else to look at this problem over the weekend, so no one will start working on the problem until Monday.

So far my plan of returning the ooma, demanding a refund and going with another company that is more reliable. In 1 1/2 months, this is the 2nd time I've had issues and had to call support. Not a good track record.

But again, thank you for that number, it's not easy to find if you are looking in support. You need to look all the way down the page to contact us, and then fine the weekend support number that way. It's not listed under support as it should be.
#92270 by Cyberchat
Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:35 am
Frankjake wrote:Is there any support on weekends for Ooma? I just found out that anyone trying to call my home number which was ported to Ooma 2 months ago and has been working okay, now gets a message saying "your call can not be completed as dialed, please check the number and dial again". So now it looks as if I won't have any phone service the entire weekend. This is NOT ACCEPTABLE! ......

Have you tried forwarding your home number under My OOMA to your cell phone? That might bridge you through the weekend until you can get a resolution on the problem.

We've been a customer of OOMA for about two years with two ported telephone numbers. The service and support has been great. Our payback for purchasing OOMA's equipment from saved telephone charges was less than five months and we've enjoyed significant savings since.
#92271 by thunderbird
Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:37 pm
Frankjake:
Access My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/blacklists and temporarily Disable both black lists, and click o Save.
Next access My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/privacy and temporarily disable Anonymous Call Block and click on Save.
Next remove power from your Ooma Telo for twenty minutes. At the end of the twenty minutes, repower the Ooma Telo. Test using your cell phone to call your Ooma one line number.
#92293 by Frankjake
Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:16 pm
Thank you Thunderbird I will give that a try. Funny thing is, I've been trying to call my number a few times throughout the day (Saturday). I actually got it to go through twice. But a few hours later I tried again, and I get that same message, "your call can not be completed, please ck your number and dial again. The last person I spoke with at Ooma today, said it WAS an problem on their end, he was positive of that, or at least that's what he said. He also assured me they would have it taken care of within 48 hours. So maybe, just maybe they are actually working on it today.

Im sorry for sounding so disapointed in the product. It came very highly recommended from a friend. But after I started having problems, the he said, oh yeah, we had problems in the beginning too. So to be fair, I will wait and see if and when they get it working and hopefully it will continue to work correctly.

I like the idea of Ooma, but just wish things worked a little better. Faxing is a real pain. And the not so funny part, the person that recommened Ooma to me know I fax at least 30 pages a day out of my home office and sometimes upwards of 50 pages. He also said, oh yeah, we can't fax often either.

LOL, so I guess that sometimes even your friends don't know what they are taking about.

In regards to faxing, I've read every topic I can find on the forum about faxing. There is a lot of old information. It seems Ooma has updated so some of the old "tricks" are not necessary or available. So far I have turned the faxing speed down to 9600 baud rate and I do NOT dial *99 first. I just dial the number I want to fax to and that works better than dialing any of the prefixes. But I would say on an average week, I have to send my 30 page fax twice to get the entire group of pages to the person I'm sending them to. Maybe twice a week, it will take the entire package all at once.

My fax is a newer Canon "all in one". With my POT line I could fax 30 pages in about 2 minutes, now it takes 8 minutes and usually I have to send some of the pages through a 2nd time. My fax will scan in all the pages at once, so when there is an error, I have to look at the report and see how many pages were actually sent, then I resend that last page along with the remaining pages. But at least I can get my faxed to go most of the time.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. Still no working phone but I think they must be working on it. Oh and sorry if any typos, I on an iPad and sometimes auto correct doesn't work all that well.
#92294 by thunderbird
Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:33 pm
Frankjake:
I see that several other people are having the same problem that you are having.

Usually one of the Ooma Moderators will check into the log, and if they see a trend problem, will get a fix going. But I believe they have been at a large show for some period of time, so...

As far as the FAX problem, there used to be a few things that could be done to make Ooma Faxing near one hundred percent. But Ooma made some changes to their software some time back, which shut off those work-arounds.

I haven't heard of anyone finding any other sure fire fixes for Faxing, yet.

Late add: I see where on Ooma Forum person said that his Ooma phone just started working properly again.
#92295 by Frankjake
Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:41 pm
After trying to figure this out on my own and with some of the suggestions listed, I find that some people CAN get through on my home number. If they try to call my home number from their home, they get through and I get the call.

BUT, if I try to call my home number from my ATT cell phone I get the "call can't go thru" message and I don't get the call. So I asked my roommate who also has ATT cell phone to try and call my home number, he also get the message and can not get through.

So I call my mom and ask her to try and call me from her home phone and it goes through. Also I have a google number that I use with my iPad and an app called "talkatone" which allows me to make phone calls from my ipad as long as i have an internet connection. I can call my home number with this and it goes through. Just called a buddy who has Verizon Cell phone and it works too. Called ATT to see if they were having any issues and of course they say no issues.

I'll keep everyone posted.
#92296 by murphy
Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:00 pm
Did you port your number from an AT&T cell phone?

Have someone that can't reach you call their phone company and complain that they can't reach a known working number.

I had this problem when I ported my number from Vonage. They marked my number as out of service in their computers instead of completely deleting it after it was ported.