Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#108028 by turbo9
Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:14 am
Ooma does not support the BELL codes.

I'm not quite sure what this means. But, it implies that we should expect consistent results, which I found was not always the case. With certain numbers - they never worked. But others, worked some of the time, and Ooma was able to fix specific numbers if they were informed.

Here is my old thread on this topic.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13047&start=20

Perhaps you mean that no toll free numbers for which Bell provide service every work, but numbers being handled by other carriers work. I could believe that. I could even speculate that Bell might want these calls to fail when they are coming from VOIP providers as this helps protect their outdated business model.

It turns out I needed to call CRA back in January, so I lied in my earlier post. I guess I used my cell to call them, which is my normal solution. I don't pay for minutes on it, so there is no additional cost to me.

Marci, if you can, you should consider changing out your cell phone provider. If you live in the right cities, you can get unlimited everything (data, text and voice) for about $25 without a contract. Or, if you don't have a cell phone right now, get one with the money you are saving. You will come with way better service for the same overall spend.
#108167 by turbo9
Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:53 am
Tom B wrote:
Bell Canada had an outage which is now resolved.

Ooma does not support 310-BELL.

And yet I can dial it.

It still fails for me in Ottawa (613). Which is fine. I never want to call these people any more.
#128177 by Culley
Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:22 pm
I been using Ooma for a couple of weeks now. I haven't a problem using toll free numbers (i.e. work conference calls, Bell Loyalty line, Canada Revenue Agency, 1-888-ROGERS1) until I tried to call the Rogers Technical Concierge, 1-800-506-2215. The toll free numbers that work must be North American and the ones that don't work must be Canadian. I've read many complaints dating back to 2011 about using Canadian toll free numbers with Ooma. I assume there is nothing Ooma can do to resolve this issue, otherwise, it would have been fixed by now. :(
#128211 by TheOldGrouch
Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:05 am
If possible, try finding a local number to call instead of using a toll free 800, 888, or 877 number. Since you're using Ooma, the call doesn't cost you anything either.
#128225 by kriemer
Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:11 pm
Culley wrote:I been using Ooma for a couple of weeks now. I haven't a problem using toll free numbers (i.e. work conference calls, Bell Loyalty line, Canada Revenue Agency, 1-888-ROGERS1) until I tried to call the Rogers Technical Concierge, 1-800-506-2215. The toll free numbers that work must be North American and the ones that don't work must be Canadian. I've read many complaints dating back to 2011 about using Canadian toll free numbers with Ooma. I assume there is nothing Ooma can do to resolve this issue, otherwise, it would have been fixed by now. :(

I have contacted Ooma regarding these misrouted calls with great success. The call is typically has to be upgraded to level 3 support for resolution, but this usually only requires a single call on my part.

Don't give up, every time you (or I) get a Canadian toll free number "fixed" it is for everyone.

k