Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#7655 by oompa
Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:32 am
I have the scout setup upstairs in the bedroom. It was working, I do hear the Ooma dialtone, was able to call, and play my messages on the scout.

When Verizon disconnected our landline yesterday, now the scout has a red tab and 4 buttons red on the front.

I did unplugged the cables, communication and power to reboot it. Still red LEDs all over.

No clue at this time what to do.
#7676 by southsound
Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:48 am
If the power-cycling doesn't work, I would try testing the scout to make sure all is well with it. Take the scout and put it next to the hub and connect the wall jacks with a regular phone cable. If it works, then the problem is with the wiring. I cannot believe that Veriozon would actually send a tech to your house, but maybe they did. And if the tech had some kind of problem with losing you as a customer (they are laying off craft people in our area, so who knows?) they might have done some disconnecting in your network interface box - or maybe the co shorted your drop causing the interior wiring to short as well. Both are easy to fix. To eliminate the possibility of a short or other network problems, just disconnect the little plug in the network interface box. It may be a little hinged plug or a short wire. Of course, I am assuming you do not have DSL. If you do, then do not disconnect the wiring in the network interface box or you will lose your DSL.