Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#91213 by turbo9
Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:55 pm
Is there is any appetite for a forum group dealing with Ooma customers in Canada? Or, am I the only one so far?

Having worked in telecom a long time, I'm pretty sure there is going to be problems unique to us (like my unpredictable results trying to dial toll free numbers of Canadian businesses).
#91218 by Davesworld
Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:52 pm
This has me wondering. Does Ooma have servers in Canada now? I actually use a Canadian VOIP provider as one of my many providers who have servers in most major regions in North America. The one server that often gives problems is their Toronto server. The datacenter that houses it is a bit wonky.

There are other considerations between Canada and the US. CNAM works completely different in the US, especially outgoing CNAM which is a misnomer in the US. In the US, when you call someone, your CNAM is pulled from one of several National LIDB/CNAM databases and displayed to them. In Canada as I understand it, CNAM is direct and is the responsibility of the calling party to have it set to display to the other person properly. The only time I experienced this in the US was when I had ISDN which is considered a business line. I had to set everything in my ISDN Modem/Router to display the proper number and CNAM to the receiving party when using the analog phone port.

Anyone that can shed more light on this?