Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#90798 by rosweed
Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:02 pm
Imagine my surprise when I was dinged for $12.87 for a call to my daughter in Yellowknife, which is in Canada. I was charged 20 cents a minute which is more than my old phone company charged. I specifically bought the equipment and the Premium plan so I could talk to my daughters in Canada. I'd like to know why area code 867 is excluded. They should name it the Almost All of Canada Plan. :cry:
#90799 by thunderbird
Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:51 pm
rosweed wrote:Imagine my surprise when I was dinged for $12.87 for a call to my daughter in Yellowknife, which is in Canada. I was charged 20 cents a minute which is more than my old phone company charged. I specifically bought the equipment and the Premium plan so I could talk to my daughters in Canada. I'd like to know why area code 867 is excluded. They should name it the Almost All of Canada Plan. :cry:

Did you contact Ooma Customer Support to find out what's going on? If you do, please post back and let the forum know.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#90802 by lbmofo
Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:09 pm
rosweed wrote:Imagine my surprise when I was dinged for $12.87 for a call to my daughter in Yellowknife, which is in Canada. I was charged 20 cents a minute which is more than my old phone company charged. I specifically bought the equipment and the Premium plan so I could talk to my daughters in Canada. I'd like to know why area code 867 is excluded. They should name it the Almost All of Canada Plan. :cry:

I see it here: https://www.ooma.com/premier/features

Free calling to the provinces of Canada

Got friends in Canada? Now you can talk to your heart’s content. As a Premier subscriber calls to Canada are free (excluding the 867 calling area).

Without any International plan, 867 area code calls are 17 cents a minute + FUSF tax (15-18%) + 3.9 cents connection fee

All of Canada would be included (among many other international destinations) if you sign up to the 500/1000 min international plan with Premier or 1000 min international plan without Premier.