Premium Plan doesn't include all of Canada

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
rosweed

Premium Plan doesn't include all of Canada

Post by rosweed » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:02 pm

Imagine my surprise when I was dinged for $12.87 for a call to my daughter in Yellowknife, which is in Canada. I was charged 20 cents a minute which is more than my old phone company charged. I specifically bought the equipment and the Premium plan so I could talk to my daughters in Canada. I'd like to know why area code 867 is excluded. They should name it the Almost All of Canada Plan. :cry:

thunderbird

Re: Premium Plan doesn't include all of Canada

Post by thunderbird » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:51 pm

rosweed wrote:Imagine my surprise when I was dinged for $12.87 for a call to my daughter in Yellowknife, which is in Canada. I was charged 20 cents a minute which is more than my old phone company charged. I specifically bought the equipment and the Premium plan so I could talk to my daughters in Canada. I'd like to know why area code 867 is excluded. They should name it the Almost All of Canada Plan. :cry:
Did you contact Ooma Customer Support to find out what's going on? If you do, please post back and let the forum know.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

lbmofo

Re: Premium Plan doesn't include all of Canada

Post by lbmofo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:09 pm

rosweed wrote:Imagine my surprise when I was dinged for $12.87 for a call to my daughter in Yellowknife, which is in Canada. I was charged 20 cents a minute which is more than my old phone company charged. I specifically bought the equipment and the Premium plan so I could talk to my daughters in Canada. I'd like to know why area code 867 is excluded. They should name it the Almost All of Canada Plan. :cry:
I see it here: https://www.ooma.com/premier/features

Free calling to the provinces of Canada

Got friends in Canada? Now you can talk to your heart’s content. As a Premier subscriber calls to Canada are free (excluding the 867 calling area).

Without any International plan, 867 area code calls are 17 cents a minute + FUSF tax (15-18%) + 3.9 cents connection fee

All of Canada would be included (among many other international destinations) if you sign up to the 500/1000 min international plan with Premier or 1000 min international plan without Premier.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!