Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#90109 by FreePhone
Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:18 pm
So I have enjoyed my Ooma 1st generation Core system for over a year now. The recent $99 Premier service deal is ending today and Ooma emailed me a reminder about it. While I liked some of the features during my initial free trail period when I first got Ooma, I didn't like the cost of the plan. To me it defeated the point of having free phone service. I'm still not sure if it's worth it for me even at $99 ($8.25 a month), especially when the only feature I really want is the blacklist. Any thoughts?
#90112 by lbmofo
Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:10 pm
It goes against your handle too :)

But seriously, Premier does have some very nice features that are very enjoyable.

Outside of the Blacklist you mentioned, the ones that I enjoy are:

• Instant Second Line (for you, different phone base connected to the Scout; nothing like not worrying about taking up the family phone line)
  • Muti-Ring & Call Forwarding (distinct setting for different numbers assigned to your Ooma)
  • Call Screening (all the pluses of VM accessible from anywhere in the world via multiple mediums AND convenience of local answering machine call screening capability)
  • Voicemail Forwarding (for me, to my cell as MMS; my friends are impressed by this; not only do I know the instant someone leaves a message, I get to hear it too with a flick of a finger)
  • 2nd number you can assign a different ring pattern to (I'd know whether the 1st or 2nd number is ringing so I can act accordingly)
  • 3-way conferencing (bride and daughter would miss this)
  • Do Not Disturb (a must if you want to sleep in; convenient 1 touch of a button vs traditional unplug phone, turn off all handset etc.)
#90125 by FreePhone
Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:20 pm
Not enough exciting features to entice me to spend an additional $8.25 a month (even more since I missed the deadline).

However if Ooma ever offers a lifetime Premiere price again, then I may just take the plunge. I really hate monthly payments.
#90169 by joe123
Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:36 pm
FreePhone wrote:Not enough exciting features to entice me to spend an additional $8.25 a month (even more since I missed the deadline).

However if Ooma ever offers a lifetime Premiere price again, then I may just take the plunge. I really hate monthly payments.

I tend to agree with this also. I signed up for the premier service for one year because it was $99 bucks and it included free port of my land line, so it was like 60 bucks for a year of Premier.

But comes next year, the ONLY reason I would keep Premier was if Ooma enables wildcard Blacklist.

The current Blacklisting is pretty much a joke. You can spend hours and hours blocking 800-xxx-xxxx numbers and it never ends becasue telemarketers have large pools of these 800 numbers and we have a max of only blocking 256. I want to block ALL 800 numbers and wildcards would do this.

This is about the only reason I would sign up for Premier again comes next year, but Ooma has been pretty silent every time I or anyone here asks about enabling wildcard blacklists, so I am not very hopeful.
#90822 by FreePhone
Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:30 pm
So today I got an email from Ooma about a new 12 month Premier deal for $60. The price is better but still not sure I want to take the plunge even at $5 a month.
#91685 by FreePhone
Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:38 pm
Well I didn't bite on getting Premier service for $60 either. My hope is that at some point Ooma will bring back a lifetime offer. I would most definitely jump on board the Premier train then!