Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#7387 by oomg
Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:12 am
parmenides wrote:http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/stories/2009/04/13/daily35.html

Please take the argument out of the court of public opinion and fix the problem.

Well, it is nice that they have been able to isolate the problem to one of two possibilities. Since ooma's system outage is "news" (and frankly, I would be more concerned if it wasn't), it will be reported. I would have been more pleased to see a joint statement to the effect of "We are working together to identify the source of the problem and develope a plan to avoid any similar recurring system disruptions."

Like Rodney King said: "Can't we all just get along."
#7396 by parmenides
Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:27 am
oomg wrote:I would have been more pleased to see a joint statement to the effect of "We are working together to identify the source of the problem and develope a plan to avoid any similar recurring system disruptions."

Agreed. Small company... growing pains. If they are truly committed to learn (as they indicated in the email we all received describing Monday's outage) then these kinds of communications lessons will be taken.