Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#89109 by thunderbird
Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:10 am
Go to http://ca.ooma.com/help-me and run the Speed Test.

See if your results turn out that same as mine.

I found that Ooma measures my Upload/Download speeds lower that Phonepower Speedtest, Ooma measures my Lanetcy higher than Phonepower Speedtest, and Ooma measures my Jitter several times higher than Phonepower Speedtest.

My Ooma results:
Download Speed: 3470 kbps
Upload Speed: 2349 kbps
Latency: 123 milliseconds
Jitter: 18 milliseconds................. This Jitter reading just has to be wrong!
Packek Loss: 0%

The message Says "Sorry! Your Internet connection may not be suitable for Ooma. Try upgrading to better connection." .......... But my Ooma Telo works just fine with Internet connection that I currently have now, and has worked just fine as long as I've had an Ooma Telo!

Phonepower Speedtest measures my connection as follows:
http://www.phonepower.com/speedtest

Speed test statistics
---------------------
Download speed: 5607 kbps
Upload speed: 2343 kbps
Maximum TCP delay: 90 ms

VoIP test statistics
--------------------
Jitter: you --> server: 4.8 ms
Jitter: server --> you: 3.8 ms
Packet loss: you --> server: 0.0 %
Packet loss: server --> you: 0.0 %
Packet discards: 0.0 %
Packets out of order: 0.0 %
Estimated MOS score: 4.1

If Ooma is measuring the Latency and Jitter incorrectly higher than is really is, they will be loosing customers right away when the customer is determining if their Internet connection is suitable for them to purchase the Ooma phone system.
#89131 by lbmofo
Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:04 pm
Ooma "OOKLA" test result says: Congratulations! Your Internet connection will work great with Ooma.

Latency: 39ms
Jitter: 12ms

Phonepower test:

Maximum TCP delay 41ms
Jitter: you --> server 2.2ms
Jitter: server --> you 5.3ms
#89140 by WayneDsr
Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:51 am
My results are about the same:
Congratulations! Your Internet connection will work great with Ooma.

Latency: 69ms
Jitter: 0ms
packetloss: 0

About the same with Phone Power.

Wayne
#89190 by thunderbird
Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:30 pm
I've run this test many times throughout the day and evening. It always fails for me. My Jitter has been around 6 to 7 milliseconds. I believe it has to do with Latency. When the test get to Latency:, it seems confused and just hangs up to more than a minute before starting the Latency test. Then after the Latency: test has completed, it hangs again for up to about a minute.
#89240 by thunderbird
Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:22 am
Today my Latentcy measures 33 milliseconds using Phonepower Speedtest.
But using OKLA, it measures 116 milliseconds, and hangs for about a minute and one half after the test.

OKLA measures my jitter as 6 milliseconds.

My Internet connection still fails the Ooma Speedtest.
#89290 by nebebo
Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:11 am
Here is a Question.
Is the calling to canada free to landlines? or free to both landlines and cell phones? that is if you have premier service. Or do i need a buckit of minutes to call there?
Is there an adroid app for ooma?

I know my cell phone provider offers free calling to canada but only to landlines.
#89294 by thunderbird
Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:47 am
nebebo wrote:Here is a Question.
Is the calling to canada free to landlines? or free to both landlines and cell phones? that is if you have premier service. Or do i need a buckit of minutes to call there?

I know my cell phone provider offers free calling to canada but only to landlines.

See what Bobby B. Ooma moderator wrote below:
Bobby B wrote:If you buy a Canadian Telo, you must choose a Canadian number as your main number. If you decide to subscribe to Premier, you can choose a Canadian or US number as a virtual number and call US numbers for free.

The reverse applies to US Telos (main number must be a US number, and virtual number can be a Canadian or US Number and call Canada for free).

lbmofo wrote:Canadian hardware vs American hardware...are they interchangeable? Can one buy a Costco Telo from US and bring to Canada to activate with Canadian # and vice versa?
#89317 by Bobby B
Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:12 pm
You can you can call Canadian landline and mobile telephone numbers for free if you have Premier service.

nebebo wrote:Here is a Question.