Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#7050 by hayedid
Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:35 pm
I would like a web page where I could go to set the value used for caller ID. This whole caller ID issue with OOMA is a bit puzzling. Tech support indicated 14 digits were available. However, it cut off my the last letter of my wife's name which was the 14th character. When I registered I tried to register with "MyName & WifesName" as the first name assuming that it would be used for the caller ID. The website rejected this value so I just put in my name.

It seems there is no way for the user to set the caller ID value. If this is a permissions / integrity issue, then it would be simple enough to create a web page that asks for the desired Caller ID value and submits it to a queue for approval. OOMA could then review the request and approve or deny. As it is now, tech support indicated to me that it would take three to four weeks to process a change in caller ID values. This wait doesn't make much sense.

On a side note... today is my first day with OOMA. I love it! Thank you for a well designed unit and system. I'll be recommending OOMA to others!
#7072 by murphy
Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:43 am
The wait is because once ooma enters your new caller ID it has to propagate to all of the caller ID databases in the country. Some phone companies may only update their database once a week.
#7514 by hayedid
Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:23 am
This makes sense. Although, if I had the means to set mine during registration (like you do when additing additional lines), I wouldn't have to put in a help desk ticket to get the process started.

:)