Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#87226 by tcorker
Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:20 pm
My OOMA hub died. No lights no nothing. Checked AC adaptor. Adaptor good. What are my options? Is their a repair service? Since I have had this less then 2 years I am not up for paying full price again for the hardware. Any suggestions?
#87230 by thunderbird
Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:28 pm
tcorker wrote:My OOMA hub died. No lights no nothing. Checked AC adaptor. Adaptor good. What are my options? Is their a repair service? Since I have had this less then 2 years I am not up for paying full price again for the hardware. Any suggestions?

It sounds like you had a lightening strick power surge.

When you power the Ooma Hub do you see any lights at the Ooma Hub where the network cable plugs into the Modem port?
Usually you will see a solid green light and a flashing yellow light.

Also make sure you have the dimmer Lights wheel on the Ooma Hub turned all the way up.

Did you try a different Ooma Hub power adapter of the same voltage and ampers?
Even though you may have checked the AC adapter, it still may be defective.

Report back if you see any light(s) at all.

Ooma has a one year warranty, but if you purchased your Ooma Hub with a credit card, sometimes the credit card company warrants the Ooma Hub for up to two years. It may be worth checking out.

I know of no repair service for Ooma products.
#87254 by tcorker
Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:40 pm
Thanks for the suggestions especially the credit card. I will check that out. It has no lights on any of the ports. No lights anywhere. I did try another ac/dc converter. No luck. Sounds like the fault is in the power supply section of the OOMA. I may take it apart and see if there is anything obvious that fried and can be replaced.
#87255 by thunderbird
Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:24 pm
tcorker wrote:Thanks for the suggestions especially the credit card. I will check that out. It has no lights on any of the ports. No lights anywhere. I did try another ac/dc converter. No luck. Sounds like the fault is in the power supply section of the OOMA. I may take it apart and see if there is anything obvious that fried and can be replaced.

Let us know what you find out when you take the Ooma device apart.