Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#7783 by Bholden
Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:30 am
Huge props to Ooma and Dennis P.

While it seems I chose a bad week to get Ooma (within my first three days of service, Ooma lost their ISP for two of those). They have drastically turned things around with their big contingency plan to fix that issue

Plus, Dennis was able to get an answer on my phone number porting. It seems I CAN port my number now.

Great work Dennis, really appreciate it!
#7827 by lohertz
Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:13 am
Glad to hear that! I take it then that Ooma is in your exchange (or got into your exchange) <sounds kinda dirty> lol
#7898 by niknak
Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:01 pm
Dennis P wrote:In general we can't port a number if don't have "coverage" in the area through one of our carrier partners. That said, if we have a phone number available to pick from in your area, we should be able to port your number. Can you email me the specific phone number you are trying to port and I'll look into it?

Bholden wrote:I activated Ooma yesterday and I called to see if my current number is portable. Customer Service told me it isn't. I asked why and she didn't give me an answer.

So why is it not portable? I've had this number with AT&T for 5 years. Can I call AT&T and tell them to port the number?

Hi Dennis
I found this interactive map showing available DID's by LATA
Don't know if you use something like this?

http://www.findmyratecenter.com/index.html