Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#86961 by FogNoggin
Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:33 am
I have the Ooma Telo and use an attached Panasonic phone for an answering machine. I don't use the Ooma voicemail. I have a very strange issue and I'd like for 10 Ooma users to help me test it by calling me.

The problem: My sister is the only other Ooma user I know. Whenever she calls me and leaves a message, the recording is deep AND slow. Like playing a recording at about half-speed. This problem doesn't occur with any other caller to my home, and doesn't seem to be happening when she calls other people. I'm stumped. It seems to be an Ooma-to-Ooma problem.

I'm looking for 10 Ooma users to message me through this board, I'll send you my phone number, then simply call me and leave a brief message. I'll then know if my sister's Ooma unit is the problem or if it's a broader issue with the Ooma network.

Any takers? Thanks for your help. If I don't respond to your email it means I've already found 10 helpful people.
#86967 by thunderbird
Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:32 am
FogNoggin wrote:I have the Ooma Telo and use an attached Panasonic phone for an answering machine. I don't use the Ooma voicemail. I have a very strange issue and I'd like for 10 Ooma users to help me test it by calling me.

The problem: My sister is the only other Ooma user I know. Whenever she calls me and leaves a message, the recording is deep AND slow. Like playing a recording at about half-speed. This problem doesn't occur with any other caller to my home, and doesn't seem to be happening when she calls other people. I'm stumped. It seems to be an Ooma-to-Ooma problem.

I'm looking for 10 Ooma users to message me through this board, I'll send you my phone number, then simply call me and leave a brief message. I'll then know if my sister's Ooma unit is the problem or if it's a broader issue with the Ooma network.

Any takers? Thanks for your help. If I don't respond to your email it means I've already found 10 helpful people.

I had something not the same, but simular, happen to me about a week and a half ago. I called a neighbor, and for some reason the call just stopped, almost like it froze. The neighbor called me back, but it didn't ring on our side, so the call went into our Ooma Voicemail. The first time I played the call it started okay, but changed to DTMF and Fax sounds. Later I played the voicemail again and the call sounded like an old recorder whose tapes were dragging (deep and slow). My one outbound call registered three times in My Ooma call listings.

The fix for me was to power off the Ooma Telo for 15 minutes, three times in a row. After that eveything returned to normal.

Maybe you should temporarily turn on the Ooma voicemail and test to see if it happen with Ooma voicemail also.
#86970 by FogNoggin
Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:00 pm
thunderbird wrote:Later I played the voicemail again and the call sounded like an old recorder whose tapes were dragging (deep and slow).

The fix for me was to power off the Ooma Telo for 15 minutes, three times in a row. After that eveything returned to normal.

Maybe you should temporarily turn on the Ooma voicemail and test to see if it happen with Ooma voicemail also.

1. Yes, like a slow record, but still obviously a human voice.

2. With all the storms and power outages here in NY lately, my Telo has been restarted several times. Not the problem.

3. I shunt anonymous callers to the Ooma voicemail and they sound fine. Maybe I'll shunt my sister, too.