Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#86836 by andrewr
Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:01 am
Just a small pet peeve. I called sales to take advantage of the discounted Refurbished Scouts that are listed on the site; they informed me that the last time they had refurbished scouts was August 3rd. It would be nice to update these things every once in a while.

andrew

BTW - When I asked if they still had new scouts, he said that they did, for $69 each. When I told him it said that they were $39 on the web site, he said "oh yes, they're $69 but they are available for $39 too." Plus $9 shipping.
#86837 by andrewr
Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:45 am
A follow-up to my post of a few minutes ago . . .

Decided that I would at least pick up one discounted Scout, for $39.99, for now and hope that they get refurbished ones back soon. Called sales, got a different person -- far, far, away -- and said I wanted to buy two of the $19.95 refurbished scouts. She said fine, took all my information, had me hold while the order processed, and then came back and said the order went through and I should get my refurbished scouts in 3-5 business days. $19.95 each + $8.95 shipping (each) + Washington Sales tax.

Now let's see if I get a "this is no longer available" email or anything like that.

If this does actually go through, it would have been nice if the previous sales person knew they were still in stock.
If this does not go through, it would be nice if this sales person knew they were not in stock.
#86841 by lbmofo
Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:37 am
For folks wondering what Andrew is talking about...

my.ooma.com add-ons section:

https://my.ooma.com/products/addons_details/scout

"Last Chance to get an Ooma Scout!

The Ooma Scout has reached the end of its production life. We are clearing out inventory and have marked down new Scouts to $34.95 and refurbished Scouts to just $19.95.

To order, please call our sales hotline at 1-866-452-6662. Quantities are limited, so don't wait!"
#87021 by polar101
Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:41 pm
Watch out for the sales tax charged. I bought the refurbished Scouts at $19.95, was charged $49.99 plus tax for a new retail item. Then received credit for $30.04 but they refused to refund the sales tax for the incorrect charge. There was never any disclosure of charging an inflated retail higher price and sales tax on that amount and no refunds for the correct actual price paid.