Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#85510 by ckaboose
Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:24 pm
N00b question here. I have my personal black list set up to send to voice mail. Should a phone number that's been added to that list still ring? I would have thought that it would send it straight to voicemail. Funny thing is I thought it was working since I never heard the phone ring at all before today.
#85511 by murphy
Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:26 pm
ckaboose wrote:N00b question here. I have my personal black list set up to send to voice mail. Should a phone number that's been added to that list still ring? I would have thought that it would send it straight to voicemail. Funny thing is I thought it was working since I never heard the phone ring at all before today.

The phone should not ring.
The only indication should be the message waiting light starts to blink.
#85512 by ckaboose
Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:31 pm
Thanks Murphy...

I checked the blacklist settings and for some reason the both community and private blacklists were unchecked. And both were set to sent to voicemail. Not sure why that option changed all of a sudden.

[update]
It was still ringing after I made the change. I also noticed that the Preferences / System and Account / Billing Information and Billing History on the My Ooma web site were all erroring out. I had to unplug the Ooma device for 30 secs and plug it back in. Web pages seem to have corrected itself. I'm hoping that the calls from that blocked phone numnber don't ring anymore as well...
#85513 by murphy
Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:49 pm
ckaboose wrote:Thanks Murphy...

I checked the blacklist settings and for some reason the both community and private blacklists were unchecked. And both were set to sent to voicemail. Not sure why that option changed all of a sudden.

[update]
It was still ringing after I made the change. I also noticed that the Preferences / System and Account / Billing Information and Billing History on the My Ooma web site were all erroring out. I had to unplug the Ooma device for 30 secs and plug it back in. Web pages seem to have corrected itself. I'm hoping that the calls from that blocked phone numnber don't ring anymore as well...

I just checked my hub and my Telo.
The Personal blacklists were still checked but both Community blacklists were unchecked.
Not good.
#85514 by ckaboose
Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:53 pm
murphy wrote:I just checked my hub and my Telo.
The Personal blacklists were still checked but both Community blacklists were unchecked.
Not good.

At least I'm not the only one.

Bad thing is... I was not the only one...

Anyone else experience this issue?
#85516 by lbmofo
Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:08 pm
murphy wrote:I just checked my hub and my Telo.
Not good.

Same here.
#85528 by kdmc69
Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:18 am
I just checked my hub and my Telo.
Not good.[/quote]
Same for me, as well. Thanks for the heads up.
#85554 by ckaboose
Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:24 pm
Thanks...

It was the same issue. Problem seems to have been fixed.