Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#82453 by notbad
Sun May 29, 2011 4:37 pm
Is there any way to set up the system so that we can pick up a call on handset A and have another person pick up that same call on handset B and then allow handset A to disconnect from the call without hanging up the call for handset B? This is a disappointing flaw with Ooma.

Are there plans to correct this in the future? I have a home with 3 floors and phones on each floor. The current Ooma configuration hangs up the call when handset A disconnects. Using Vonage, I was able to stay on the call on handset B after handset A disconnected from the call. I hope Ooma corrects this issue.

Thanks.
#82460 by murphy
Mon May 30, 2011 3:06 am
Do you have a hub or a Telo?
If a Telo are you using Telo handsets?

Are you using the building wiring to connect phones?
Did you disconnect the phone company wiring where it enters the house?

Please describe your system / configuration in detail.
I am a total failure at reading other peoples minds.
#82461 by notbad
Mon May 30, 2011 4:52 am
Sorry I wasn't clear enough in my post.

I have a Telo with a 3 phone Panasonic wireless system. The base unit is connected to the Ooma Telo. The other phones connect wirelessly to calls.

I am not connecting to the home wiring in this configuration but the home wiring is intact.

Hope you can suggest a way to make this feature work.
Thanks
#82463 by just4fn
Mon May 30, 2011 6:10 am
That sounds more like a Panasonic issue and not Ooma. The phones are controlled by the phone base. Have you tried the phone base on a land line?
#82468 by kdmc69
Mon May 30, 2011 7:27 am
just4fn wrote:That sounds more like a Panasonic issue and not Ooma. The phones are controlled by the phone base. Have you tried the phone base on a land line?

I have a Panasonic phone system (4 handsets) and I have no problem joining calls or dropping off a call without killing the connection. You may indeed have a faulty Panasonic.