Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#82261 by just4fn
Thu May 26, 2011 8:38 am
I would like to see a scout like device for the Telo that will retrieve voice mail and signal there is a voice mail. The scout signals just by looking at it that there is a voice mail needing attention. The scout I'm using doesn't even have a phone attached to it. I wouldn't think it would be to hard to make a satellite Telo with no phone operation. Just a thought.
#82414 by Ely
Sat May 28, 2011 3:15 pm
I'm not sure if this will help you, but I found this item on Ebay called Visual Director Caller-ID & VoiceMail Control Terminal which works really nice with Ooma, it's like having a Telo with no phone capabilities like you describe, check it out at http://cgi.ebay.com/Visual-Director-Caller-ID-VoiceMail-Control-Terminal-/110670825827?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c47ec963.

Once you set it up, you must change the buttons to match those of Ooma's VM options and numbering, but it's very easy to do and every single button is configurable.

I really hope Ooma produces a device of this sort as this is no longer produced, and I haven't been able to find any other similar device anywhere, I ordered one of these boys lat month and just ordered my second today, sometimes you want quick access to VoiceMail and Caller ID in different areas of the home, specially voice mail.
#82415 by southsound
Sat May 28, 2011 3:43 pm
Ely,

This looks like a great device - pretty reasonable and lots of features. I use GV for my voice mail or I'd get several. Good to note that the seller has quite a few of them for sale. Thanks for making us aware of it.
#82420 by Ely
Sat May 28, 2011 6:20 pm
Sure, no problem Southsound; and here's the page I took as a guide to set it up just like I wanted:

http://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgebase/voicemail-menu-guide

I just configured the "Dial V-Mail" button to dial my own number, and that's it, just plays new messages when they are available, then I programmed the "Play" button to dial just a #1 then a couple of "P" (Pauses) and then the #2 for instances when there are no new messages and I just want to play saved messages, so when there's no new messages I just touch the "Dial V-Mail" wait untill the lady starts to speak saying: "You have no new messages, to play your messages press 1" and then press the "Play" button.

I also programmed all the other buttons such as "Repeat" "Erase" "Forward" etc according to Ooma's Voice Mail Menu Options and it all works almost like a Telo :)
Last edited by Ely on Mon May 30, 2011 5:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
#82421 by just4fn
Sat May 28, 2011 6:23 pm
Thats what I was looking for. I ordered one- Thanks!