Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#77318 by tonyoco
Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:36 pm
I see you have an app for using an Iphone etc as a mobile phone using WiFi.
How abt doing that for a Laptop a la Skype?
Tonyoco
#78227 by humorme201
Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:10 pm
Yes, definitely, this would be tremendously helpful and very much needed. This was one of the main reasons why I almost didn't move from Vonage (b/c they have the softphone interface).

Would love to be a beta tester if ever you folks develop a softphone app for desktops/laptops.

thank you,

dsy
#83014 by Santa
Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:03 pm
If you don't care about your outbound caller ID, the easiest solution I know of is Google Voice. Choose the number on the computer, it calls your Ooma number, you answer and it's ringing the number you called.

I dial just about all my outbound calls this way.
#83024 by just4fn
Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:28 pm
gmail also has a dialer. I've used it several times and it works great
#91243 by sfdukester
Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:08 am
Computer dialing is one thing - but a SIP (Softphone) client would be GREAT. I could use it from home, office, etc. with a USB or even bluetooth headset. My laptop could look just like another phone on my ooma setup.....I would live that.

There are several 'free' soft-clients that would only need a specific a Codec/adapter to allow this to work. ooma would have to provide some additional configuration information, but this would allow anyone to use their laptop, or another computer to act as if they were calling from their home.

Personally, I need a MacOS client that I could use. Happy to be a beta tester for you.

Duke