Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#75690 by kamacozzi
Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:57 pm
Hi, does anyone know if this is possible. I have the Telo, upgraded from the hub. I would like to put the hub at my office so that I have my home phone number there also.

I would have to reactivate my hub, but before I do, I want to make sure that it will work, and that the only fee is the re-activation fee.

Thanks for the help! :)
#75694 by murphy
Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:30 pm
The same phone number can't exist on two different devices.
#75747 by ntoy
Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:49 am
kamacozzi wrote:Thanks for the info..I had talked to a customer service rep that had said you could, but I had my doubts..and didn't want to pay the reactivation fee just to find out I couldn't do what I wanted. :)

Hello,

I apologize for the miscommunication. You cannot have the same number on 2 different Ooma systems. They must be unique.
#76152 by lbmofo
Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:33 pm
ahmetaltin wrote:you can sort of have the same number...
get a new number for the hub...
from your number that you want it to ring in the new device, set the preferences to Multi-Ring to the new number... :)

FYI,

If incoming call is from another Ooma, Multi-Ring & Call forward all doesn't work.
Multi-Ring'ing & Call forwarding to another Ooma works; again, unless incoming call is from another Ooma.
Also because of above, if you have Ooma-1 Multi-Ring Ooma-2, Ooma2's Multi-Ring & Call forward all will not work.
When Call forward all stops working, Ooma will ring instead of forwarding the call.