Second Line with Telo and One Cordless System?

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Bholden52

Second Line with Telo and One Cordless System?

Post by Bholden52 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:23 am

I have the Hub/Scout setup but my relatives bought the Telo based on my recommendation of Ooma. They have some gripes about it and from what I can tell from other posts, Telo is not as good as Hub/Scout. I just wanted to get some confirmation from others.

There is NO WAY to use the second line of Premier, with a Telo and ONE cordless phone system (that has 4 phones)?

If so, is there any way to use the second line without having to buy a Ooma Handset?

Their other gripe is that the actual "Answering Machine" (the Telo). I use my Scout as a convenient location to check voicemail but they would have to go to their office to physically have an answering machine since Telo doesn't work with a Scout.

If this is true, Telo and Handset combo is not as good as Scout/Hub

hpepper

Re: Second Line with Telo and One Cordless System?

Post by hpepper » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:02 am

Need to have the Telo handset to use the second line.

For VM access, I use the Panasonic Dect 6 cordless which has a VM indicator on top of each handset and a quick VM access programmable button. I hit the VM access button and it autodials my home number on speakerphone and retrieves my voicemails... works well for me.

lbmofo

Re: Second Line with Telo and One Cordless System?

Post by lbmofo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:12 pm

Bholden52 wrote:If this is true, Telo and Handset combo is not as good as Scout/Hub
It all depends on what you need and want. Telo supports HD Voice, GVE, incoming DTMF, & Bluetooth that Hub doesn't.

Hub vs. Telo: viewtopic.php?t=9245#p64442
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!