Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#74750 by ernieb
Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:27 pm
Hi,
I'm considering buying 2 Telo Handsets. At $50 each, it's an investment considering I can get 3 DECT phones for $75. Some of the threads I've read here indicate that the handset is somewhat unreliable, however, those threads are really old.

Can owners of the handset provide an updated review?

Thanks,
Ernie
#74752 by EA PA
Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:55 pm
I am reasonably satisfied with mine especially because I got it free with Premier

One quirk is that it has to be carefully guided into the base to make charging connection. It is very easy to plop it into the base like most other phones and have it not start charging until it starts beeping every few minutes on low batt (similar to the annoying smoke detector low battery beep that you can never easily find). It does have a Blue LED that lights indicating charging, and when used to it, it’s very apparent that its not in correctly so no big deal.

My wife does not care for the quality of voice. I recently adjusted the volume on it but don’t have feedback from her yet - I am personally satisfied with the phone audio quality. The display font is a bit small compared to other phones, particularly when using the menu but still definitely usable. The user interface is more than adequate, size of buttons, command manipulations etc are clean and without bouncing or misses. The phone is physically very rounded and is OK to hold compared to others however it is easy to slip out of hand. I have tested it throughout the home for signal strength and have not lost any signal at all or experienced any signal weakness, scratching, drop outs or lost calls. I have not experienced any of the issues reported recently but have read about random paging and stuff but I must say that I have not had any of these experiences.
#74754 by 2spirit
Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:30 pm
My two Telo handsets have been in operation for over a year and have performed admirably. Though I have seen some complain about the "rough" edge that wraps around the handset, I personally do not find it uncomfortable to hold . . . even for long periods. If I had any complaint at all, it would be that my aging eyes would prefer a screen with a little more contrast and a larger font. Being able to manage the Contacts list from the website is nice . . . and Syncing it with the handsets easy.
Sound quality for me has been superb. :D
#74755 by hpepper
Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:33 pm
Something else to consider - If you don't intend to use a second line, you might go with the non-Ooma Dect sets... but if you need a second line, the Ooma hand set is required. I have Panasonic Dect phones and they have an indicator for VM and a preset VM dial button to get VMs with the touch of a couple buttons as well. I also have the Ooma handset but usually use the Panasonics most of the time.