Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#5160 by davenk
Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:44 pm
Thanks again -- i'm traveling on business this weekend, but will try it out when I get back next weekend.

Will post back my findings.
#5173 by jmassimilla
Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:38 am
I have FIOS and all 3 services come in over the fiber. In my case, the technician removed the copper coming to the house. He used it to pull the new fiber line through trees. My old NID and the new NID for the fiber are both in my basement. He ran a new phone line from the new network box into the old NID to connect to my house wiring. In my son's case, They left his copper line and his old NID (outside) intact and just disconnected it. His new box for the fiber is in the basement and they connected to his inside wiring with a punchdown block.
#5546 by davenk
Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:01 am
My Fios box is much different. I just have the battery back up and fiber converter in my garage now.

It contains the backup battery pack (top) and the converter from fiber to coax (left). I am unable to get into the right side where it looks like some Cat5 lines are coming in without actually unscrewing the entire thing from the wall. The following picture is not my specific box, so doesn't show those CAT5 lines coming into the right bottom, with coax line coming out into the coax connection on bottom right.

This does have the telephone test jacks (right) along with an ethernet hub input (left). But nothing is plugged into either.

My old house did have the box similar to what you posted along with the this same box in my garage. But new house just has this box in the garage and the rest of my wiring in my bedroom closet.

As I mentioned before, I already disconnected the telco line in the closet box and replaced it with the ooma line (far bottom right, white line -- again can't get the picture to post) to support the whole house and security system.

All the other lines connect to each of the rooms in the house. Not sure what else I can do.